The AK T1 is capable of high-resolution audio playback via wide variety of audio inputs and features the identical, perfect sound design seen in Astell&Kern's portable players that have been highly praised by users all over the world.
The acclaimed Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC featured in Astell&Kern's portable players is back in the AK T1 in a dual-DAC configuration. The combination of the exceptional Astell&Kern MQS player performance with the perfect speaker and amplifier system of the AK T1 allows you to experience a superb, wide, high resolution sound unlike any other wireless network speaker available. With support for USB storage devices, microSD cards, DLNA networking, auxiliary and optical inputs, the AK T1 supports playback of music from any source device. The AK T1 is truly an all-in-one sound system.
- Wired and wireless DLNA support
- High-resolution Bluetooth audio playback via aptX codec
- Internet radio service support, providing thousands of music channels
- AUX & optical inputs, USB storage & microSD card support
- Integrated Astell&Kern music player provides a diverse range of playback options
- Hybrid amplifier (analog and digital) optimized for best possible sound
- Six speaker system delivers the utmost clarity in sound
Typically, the overall sound quality from an analog amplifier tends to be delicate and soft, but the disadvantage is low efficiency. Conversely, a digital amplifier is highly efficient, but high frequencies have a tendency to produce harsh sound.
Because of these disadvantages, the tightness of the low frequencies are lost when the highs are softened and vice versa. In other words, it's difficult to achieve a proper balance of treble and bass if only one amplifier is used to drive the speakers.
An amplifier appropriate for the characteristics of each speaker unit is implemented in the AK T1 using a bi-amping technique. A hybrid type amplifier system was implemented rather than using a single type to maximize the advantages of both analog and digital amplifiers. In the hybrid amplifier system, an analog amplifier drives the tweeters while the digital amplifier drives the mid range and woofers.
The hybrid amplifier system of the AK T1 uses a dedicated amplifier appropriate for a specific frequency range so that listeners can experience perfectly balanced sound.
Without going beyond a certain level of Hi-Fi audio systems, achieving great sound through speakers can be a challenge. The six speaker units in the AK T1 deliver perfectly balanced lows, mids, and highs without compromising a particular range of sound.
To prevent vibrations generated in the low range, the AK T1 contains an aluminum enclosure; along with a dedicated low-range, high-pass filter (subsonic filter) for deep, tight, and clean bass.
In constructing the 3-way speaker setup, Astell&Kern did not take any shortcuts that would overlap the treble and bass. To maximize the purity of the mid range sound, a direct connection to the amplifier is made without the use of any gain adjustment device to cloud the sound.
A 4-way crossover filter is used to prevent overlapping audio frequencies in the low-order crossover filters. Audio frequencies are completely separated through the use of the 4-way crossover, providing distinct playback of each sound range with no unnecessary bass bleeds into the high-frequency tweeters, which provides the best possible sound performance.
By optimizing each unit for maximum performance, the AK T1 is able to deliver the most precise, nuanced sound that typical speakers can never match.
True, original sound from a small form factor system can only be found in the Astell&Kern AK T1.
With the AK T1, easily play audio from multiple sources such as a NAS device, or an Astell&Kern music player through a wired LAN or Wi-Fi DLNA connection. In addition to DLNA networking, the AK T1 supports the Bluetooth aptX codec for high-resolution audio playback not available with standard Bluetooth connections.
Internet radio service is also available on the AK T1. The thousands of channels available on vTuner. A vast selection of music is available to you through a wired or wireless network connection on the AK T1.
The AK T1 features a large 4-inch (101.6mm) touchscreen display, offering the industry’s most convenient and intuitive user interface.
Turn on the AK T1 and connect to a network with just a few clicks to immediately begin listening to music.
The touch sensitive Metal Touch control is another unique feature of the AK T1 that cannot be overlooked. Unlike a typical push button, the AK T1’s Metal Touch technology offers users a completely new experience.
Simply listen to music stored on an NAS device through the AK T1 by using your smartphone or tablet with the AK Connect app. You can also stream music stored on an Astell&Kern portable music player to the AK T1.
The AK T1 excels in delivering the perfect sound you desire through multiple options using an intuitive interface environment.
- Playback audio from a smartphone or tablet and AK380 via Bluetooth
- Playback audio from the AK500N or AK380
- Playback audio from devices that are on the same network as the AK T1 via the 'Connect Library' menu
- Playback and control audio from a NAS or other devices via the AK Connect app installed on a smartphone or tablet
The AK T1 is another masterpiece from Astell&Kern that accurately conveys the artist’s sound just like you were there when it was performed live.
- Please Note: We are unable to ship this item outside the UK for International orders
- Model : AK T1
- Body Colour : Black / Silver
- Body Material : Aluminium
- Display : 4inch(101.6mm) 480 x 800 Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats : WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample Rate : FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8~192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample)
/ DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz) / DSD128 (1bit, 5.6MHz)
- DAC : Cirrus Logic CS4398 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Speaker System : 3 Way Multi Channel Active Speakers (4th CrossOver filter)
/ 0.75” Tweeter x2 / 2.0” Midrange x2 / 6.5” Woofer x2
- Active Crossover : Hybrid Amplifier (Analog Amplifier for Tweeter, Digital Amplifier for Midrange / Woofer)
- Frequency Range : 48Hz ~ 22kHz
- Amplifier Output : 180W (L/R, 90W x2)
- Network : Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) 2.4GHz, Ethernet (10/100/1,000Mbps), DLNA (UPnP)
- Bluetooth : V3.0(aptX)
- Audio Inputs : AUX x1, Optical x1
- Other Inputs : USB type A (Host) x1, microSD card slot x1
- Internet Radio & Streaming : vTuner, Deezer
- Control App : AK Connect (iOS/Android)
- Dimensions : 27.5 ”(700 mm) [W] x 39.2 ”(998 mm) [H] x 15.9 ”(404 mm) [D]
- Weight : 705.4 oz (20 kg)
Launched in October 2012, Astell&Kern is the high-end audiophile brand by iriver. The current Astell&Kern line includes the award-winning AK100 II, AK120 II and AK240 high-resolution portable audio players, capable of playing 24-bit/192 kHz Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) files including Native DSD. Astell&Kern’s lineup has recently expanded to include accessories such as the AKR01 and AKR02 In-Ear headphones, and Astell&Kern portable player docking stations.