The AK500N is the first desktop network audio product from Astell&Kern that truly combines advanced digital technology with analog sound. The AK500N is the culmination of the experience and know-how accumulated from work on the AK series. One-click CD-ripping and perfect noise isolation through battery-only operation. PCM to DSD conversion faithful to the original sound and excellent compatibility with a wide range of devices. Easy DLNA-based networking and high-reliability SSD. For the AK500N, no detail was overlooked from planning to development to delivery of sound that is true to the original source.
The AK500N supports a wide range of inputs and outputs. Connect various high-end products through the AK500N's digital inputs and outputs (AES/EBU, Coaxial, Optical, BNC). In addition, the analog output supports both Fixed and Variable signals for a direct connection to a powered amplifier. A simple but high-level premium system configuration is possible through the AK500N's flexible digital and analog connections. For user convenience, the inputs and outputs are expressed in easy-to-read graphics on the touch-screen menu.
- Perfect Extractor
- Pure Sound
- PCM to DSD
- Advanced Network
- 4 Bay SSD
- Powerful Connections
- Fixed & Variable Analog Out
- Metal body
Import your CD collection into the AK500N with the one click.
By taking highly-optimized ripping engine, the AK500N provides users with flawless CD rips through enhanced jitter and error correction support. The highest sound quality is captured with enhanced jitter correction and excellent CD track error detection and correction.
Two speeds (Normal / Fast) are available for CD-ripping, and the tracks can be saved in either WAV or FLAC.
In addition, Album art and music data are automatically imported from Gracenote’s latest music DB, and is the most recognized and accurate source of music DB in the world. In addition the touch keypad allows the user to enter the CD title, artist, genre, year of release information.
A common factor in devices operating in AC power is that the AC power supply is a point of entry for unwanted external noise and exit for device noise. These are the main causes of sound quality degradation.
The AK500N does not allow even 1% of external noise.
Although the AK500N is desktop audio device, it was designed to use a built-in battery for noise isolation. The AK500N physically blocks noise generated in the AC power supply to prevent sound degradation at all levels. Music playback on the AK500N is achieved with battery-only operation, creating a truly Pure Sound.
The SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply) employed in the AK500N is an outstanding device with a Level 5 efficiency rating. The noise-sensitive power ripple noise* is below 50mVp-p at full load (5A).
The AK500N delivers sound quality closest to the original recording through perfect noise isolation and battery-only operation.
PCM to DSD
The AK500N features a dedicated DSD chipset for DSD playback and converts PCM file to DSD64 data through audio engine of Astell&Kern.
The AK500N converts high-resolution 32 bit/384 kHz WAV PCM and 24 bit/352 kHz FLAC PCM file to DSD64 data without any down-sampling.
In Addition, real time PCM file to DSD64 data playback available.
Go one step further to original sound with this feature by converting, without any distortion, the unique audio information contained within the sound source.
4 Bay SSD
The AK500N features multi-level cell (MLC) SSD rather than a triple-level cell (TLC) SSD for increased durability and reliability. The vibration noise generated by conventional HDDs has been eliminated completely. Save and load large amounts of data even faster than traditional HDDs through the superior speed and stability of SSDs.
1TB/2TB/4TB SSD options are offered to satisfy each user’s needs.
The network capability of the AK500N is another attractive feature that cannot be overlooked.
The AK500N connects to PCs as well as NAS servers through its DLNA implementation using LAN, Wi-Fi and is easily controlled with an app on smartphones and tablets. Music on your PC or NAS can be freely streamed and played back without the hassle of having to turn on your PC and connecting a cable and it can output the sound in conjunction with the network speaker. The AK500N can be easily kept up-to-date with OTA (Over-the-Air) firmware updates.
- Please Note: We are unable to ship this item outside the UK for International orders
- Model : AK500N
- Body Colour : Silver
- Body Material : Aluminium
- Display : 7inch WXGA(1280 x 800) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats : WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample Rate : 8kHz ~ 384kHz(8/16/24bits per sample) / DSD Native : DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz) / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz)
- Cd Ripping Audio Format : WAV, FLAC
- DAC : Cirrus Logic CS4398 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Storage : SSD MLC 1TB/2TB/4TB(RAID 0)
- Digital Out : AES/EBU x1, BNC x1, Coaxial x1, Optical x1
- Digital Input : AES/EBU x1, BNC x1, Coaxial x1, Optical x1
- Analog Out : Balanced(L/R) x2, RCA(L/R) x2
- Network : Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) 2.4GHz, Ethernet (10/100/1,000Mbps), DLNA (DMS, DMC, DMR)
- Bluetooth : V4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP)
- Fixed Output Level : 3V(RCA, Balanced)
- Variable Output Level : 7.5Vrms(RCA) / 10Vrms(Balanced)
- Channel Seperation : > 135dB @ 1kHz
- USB : Type A(Host) x2, Type B(Device) x1
- USB DAC : UAC(USB Audio Class) 2.0 / DSD64, DSD128, PCM
- Frequency Response : ±0.02dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) / ±0.4dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio : 118dB @ 1kHz, 10V
- THD+N : < 0.0008% @ 1kHz, 10V / < 0.001% @ 10Hz~20kHz, 10V
- Battery Capacity : 10,400mAh / 7.4V(normally) / Li-ion Battery
- Continuous Playback Time : Up to 7 hours (MUSIC : FLAC, 16bit, 44KHz Volume 37, EQ Off, LCD Off)
- Charge Time : About 3 hours
- Dimensions : 8.42 ”(214 mm) [W] x 9.57 ”(243 mm) [H] x 9.37 ”(238 mm) [D]
- Weight : 402.12 oz (about 11.4kg)
Launched in October 2012, Astell&Kern is the high-end audiophile brand by iriver. The current Astell&Kern line includes the award-winning AK100 II, AK120 II and AK240 high-resolution portable audio players, capable of playing 24-bit/192 kHz Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) files including Native DSD. Astell&Kern’s lineup has recently expanded to include accessories such as the AKR01 and AKR02 In-Ear headphones, and Astell&Kern portable player docking stations.