Astell&Kern are proud to introduce the PAF11 AK380 AMP, an amplifier that supports high-impedance headphones and high-gain output while remaining faithful to the original sound.
The AK380 AMP was designed as an extension of the light and shadow theme of the AK380.
Continuing this design concept, the AK380 AMP retains the subtle changes and details in the emitted brilliance as light flows across its surface. The diamond pattern engraved into the volume wheel of AK380 is repeated on the amplifier's rear light for design continuity.
The area of the amplifier in contact with the AK380's volume wheel reproduces the design's angle of reflection for comfortable wheel operation. The amplifier's light shining delicately through the gaps in the reflected surface visually accentuate the music’s mystique.
Unlike conventional amplifiers, the AK380 AMP was designed from the ground up as a single entity when combined with the AK380. The wheel on the rear of the amplifier that connects the two devices is a representation of the volume wheel seen throughout Astell&Kern products and expresses our unique design identity.
- Expansion-Type Amplifier with Design Unity
- 3,400 mAh Large-Capacity Battery
- 8.1 VRMS High-Gain Balanced Output
- 4.1 VRMS Unbalanced Output
High-gain output is four times greater than low-gain output and supports high-impedance headphones.
To protect earphones/headphones during high output, the volume is automatically adjusted when the amp is powered on or the earphones/headphones are disconnected. Furthermore, the gain can be easily adjusted via the AK380's settings.
3,400 mAh Large-Capacity Battery
An amplifier, which increases audio output, consumes a great amount of energy. Thus, the AK380 AMP features a 3,400 mAh large-capacity battery – identical to the one in the AK380 itself - to support up to nine hours of continuous unbalanced-output playback.
AK380 AMP Vs. Other Amps
The AK380 AMP boasts convenient portability. The many points of discomfort in conventional amplifiers have been addressed by adopting an integrated design for greater convenience
The AK380 Amp features simultaneous charging, an easy connection using a screw cap, integrated volume control and no extra cables required.
- Please Note: We are unable to ship this item outside the UK for International orders
- Model : PAF11
- Body Colour : Meteoric Titan
- Body Material : Aluminium
- Output Level : [Low Gain] Unbalanced 2.1 VRMS / Balanced 2.1 VRMS (Condition: No Load) [High Gain] Unbalanced 4.1 VRMS / Balanced 8.1 VRMS (Condition: No Load)
- Input : Type-B micro-USB Input (Charging & data transfer (PC & Mac)) / Connection Mode: MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs : PHONES (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Dimensions : 3.17 ”(80.7 mm) [W] x 5.01 ”(128.4 mm) [H] x 0.40 ”(10.3 mm) [D]
- Weight : 5.82 oz (165 g)
- Frequency Response : [Low Gain] ±0.06 dB (Condition: 20 Hz – 20 kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.06 dB (Condition: 20 Hz – 20 kHz) Balanced [High Gain] ±0.03 dB (Condition: 20 Hz – 20 kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.03 dB (Condition: 20 Hz – 20 kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio : [Low Gain] 110 dB @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / 110 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced [High Gain] 113 dB @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / 114 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk : [Low Gain] 108 dB @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / 130 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced [High Gain] 108 dB @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / 128 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced
Launched in October 2012, Astell&Kern is the high-end audiophile brand by iriver. The current Astell&Kern line includes the award-winning AK100 II, AK120 II and AK240 high-resolution portable audio players, capable of playing 24-bit/192 kHz Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) files including Native DSD. Astell&Kern’s lineup has recently expanded to include accessories such as the AKR01 and AKR02 In-Ear headphones, and Astell&Kern portable player docking stations.