The King Headphone Amplifier, designed for Audeze by Bascom King, the legendary amplifier designer, features a vacuum tube input section with a pair of E88CCs and a Class-A MOSFET, single-ended output section. It produces a beautiful, natural, open, expansive sound with awesome power in the bass. The King is so clean and engaging you’ll find yourself turning the volume up to enjoy the immense transparency. The front-panel meters are precisely calibrated to reflect actual SPLs and power levels. The utter pleasure The King delivers will give you immense satisfaction. It’s good to be king.
It began when the Audeze team met the legendary electronics designer Bascom King in his design lab. Bascom has designed acclaimed amplifiers for Infinity, Marantz, Constellation Audio, PS Audio and others. He demoed a prototype headphone amplifier that so impressed everyone that they signed Bascom on the spot to develop the new headphone amplifier exclusively for Audeze.
- Dual ¼” unbalanced jacks
- True SPL power meters calibrated for specific headphones
- Clipping and overload indicators
- RCA signal inputs
- XLR inputs (converted internally to unbalanced)
- Filtered and fused AC power module
- 110/220V AC voltage selector
- Machined aluminum chasis
- Shock absorbing feet
The King’s circuitry is very different from the typical complementary output topology; it uses the same polarity N-channel MOSFET outputs as these are more alike and complementary than N- and P-channel MOSFETs. Just before the output stage is a two-stage differential amplifier using a dual-triode tube for the input stage followed by a P-channel MOSFET differential driver stage. The driver stage supplies complementary drive to the N-channel output devices. Overall negative feedback is taken back to the input stage to include the input triode in the feedback loop. The circuit is DC-coupled from input to output and a servo control circuit keeps the output DC offset to within millivolts of zero. The overall symmetry of the circuitry eliminates most even-order harmonic distortion. The result is a low impedance, low distortion, wide frequency response output with immense musical transparency, a real emotional experience.
- Please Note: We are unable to ship this item outside the UK for International orders
- Output Power : 6W into 20 ohms load with less than 0.1% THD
- Frequency Response : 10Hz-100KHz, -0.1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion : Less than 0.1%, 20Hz-20KHz, full output
- SNR : -120dB, A weighted
- Output Impedance : 0.3 ohms
- Input Impedance : 10k ohms
- Power Requirement : 110-120V AC, 50/60Hz; 220-240V AC, 50/60Hz, externally switchable
- Power Consumption : 30W maximum
- Dimensions : 300 mm x 110 mm x 325 mm
- Weight : 9 kg
At Audeze they remove the boundaries between artist and listener. Their products combine revolutionary acoustic engineering and beautiful craftsmanship to provide the finest listening experience. Their headphones’ best-in-class accuracy makes them an irreplaceable tool for those requiring the most transparent audio reproduction available. First discovered by audiophiles, now professional engineers and music producers are using Their headphones as their new reference. The only way to truly appreciate Audeze headphones is listening to them.
|Product: ||Audeze The King Class A Hybrid Tube / MOSFET Headphone Amplifier|
|Model: ||Audeze The King|
|Price: ||3,299.00 GBP|