High Speed With Ethernet and Audio Return HDMI 3D Specification Cable
Over the past 25 years, AudioQuest has a well-earned reputation as a manufacturer of exceptional video and audio cables world-wide. Audioquest have used the finest materials and highest levels of manufacturing precision to develop their outstanding range of HDMI 3D specification cables designed to maximise your audio and video experience.
Solid core conductor technology, conductor metallurgy, insulation material and overall precision of manufacture have all been carefully optimised to create a superior line of HDMI cables. As part of the AudioQuest's re-examination of HDMI cable design, specific attention was paid to maximizing the sonic performance of HDMI. AudioQuest indulgence HDMI series push the HDMI sonic performance to new levels.
AudioQuest begins with Long-Grain Copper (LGC) and adds increasing amounts of silver-plate culminating in Diamond HDMI, whose 5 primary pairs are made using solid Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS). AudioQuest listens to each primary signal conductor in every Indulgence HDMI cable to determine proper conductor orientation. Solid Polyethylene insulation ensures stable conductor geometry while minimizing insulation induced phase distortion. On the two top HDMI cables, Coffee and Diamond, AudioQuest's patented Dielectric-Bias System (DBS) polarizes the insulation on the 5 primary signal pairs, providing a drop in the perceived noise floor and an increase in dynamic contrast.
All Indulgence HDMI cables are High Speed compliant up to and including 8 meters and all will transfer 1080P/120Hz/4K/3D video. All Indulgence HDMI cables deliver 100% of the data required for 100Hz/24-Hz/600Hz displays. All AudioQuest Indulgence series HDMI are 100% QC tested to pass 1080p at every length and all contain the 5th twisted pair for the new Ethernet and Audio Return Channel options.
For audio signal, all HDMI's cable is directional. Please use cable arrows pointing from source to receiver, such as set-top box to receiver or monitor.
What is DBS?
- AudioQuest Diamond HDMI Cable
- HDMI 2.0 Compliant, High Speed with Ethernet
- High definition 1.4, 3D TV compatible cable
- Length: 3 metres
- 72V Dielectric-Bias System (DBS) saturates and polarizes insulation, greatly reducing digital-audio distortion
- Metal: Solid 100% PSS Silver conductors eliminate inter-strand distortion and reduce jitter
- Dielectric: Hard-Cell Foam
- Noise-Dissipation System: Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise Dissipation System
- Fifth twisted-pair for Ethernet and to enable additional Audio Return Channel options
- All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction. “To” for main signal, “From” for Audio Return Channel (audio from TV to AV receiver)
- “Standard Speed” HDMI cable will at-minimum transfer 1080i, 720p, 1080p/30Hz source material
- “High Speed” HDMI cable will in addition transfer 1080p/120Hz, 4K, 3D video
- “With Ethernet” HDMI cable (with HEC) includes conductors for bi-directional Ethernet communication. Ethernet capability is independent of “Speed” capability
- Jacket Colours: 0.6m - 3m Black w/PVC strips, 5m - 20m White PVC CL3/FT4 rated
- 0.6m - 8m High Speed HDMI w/Ethernet Connection, 12m Standard Speed HDMI w/Ethernet Connection
AudioQuest’s founder and chief designer, William Low, explains the Dielectric-Bias System: “DBS puts all of a cable’s dielectric into a comparatively high voltage DC field ... continuously from the time the cable is terminated. The exceptionally simple design uses a wire down the middle of the cable, which is simply an extension of a battery’s cathode. This wire is attached to negative (-) of a DBS battery pack, and nothing else. It is not in the signal path and has no interaction with the signal. Depending on the model of interconnect (analog or digital) or speaker cable, an existing foil “shield” is used as the DBS anode by connecting it to positive (+) of the DBS battery pack. A battery terminal, anode or cathode, has no current waiting to pour out, as does the earth relative to a negatively charged cloud. A battery is a chemical reaction waiting to happen. Both poles of the battery have to be connected to each other in order to initiate this reaction. The point is that since the anode and cathode of a DBS battery pack are never connected, there is no current flow, only a potential across the dielectric (insulation) in-between the DBS field elements.”