|EX-DEMO PRICE £360.00 - SAVE £90.00.
The cable has only been used a few times for demonstration, and comes in it's original Chord Packaging with a 5 Year Warranty.
“That’s got more than a hint of Sarum characteristic to it. It seems to disappear, you can use this with almost any system and it doesn't get in the way of some serious high end equipment. We’re impressed.”
Chord Epic Reference speaker cable develops the shielded conductor design used on Epic by applying a separate high frequency effective shield to each conductor. The 12 AWG silver-plated conductors are insulated with PTFE, before a PVC jacket is applied to correctly space the dual layer foil and braid shield.
In terms of performance, Epic makes a very good case for the use of shielded speaker cables. Epic Reference moves the performance (and the design) quite a bit closer to Chord’s original award winning shielded speaker cable, Chord Signature.
Epic Reference carries dynamic information and detail in a very coherent manner. This makes for extremely realistic sounding music, acoustic and electric instruments sound really lifelike, and the complexity of tone that makes great instruments such a joy to listen to is easy to hear. More though, is the way that Epic Reference helps a system to sound coherent and musical, and that’s a compelling reason that makes Epic Reference a cable worth listening to in any decent system.
Use it with
Chord Epic Reference produces an extremely accurate performance over a wide bandwidth, making it ideal for use with wide bandwidth floor standing loudspeakers. One of the major benefits of shielded speaker cable is the definition and control they bring to bass, which really helps produce properly coherent rhythm and illustrate just how close the relationship is between the drummer and the bass player.
FREE CABLE BURN-IN SERVICE OPTION USING THE NORDOST VIDAR MACHINE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS CABLE FROM FUTURESHOP.CO.UK
- Chord Epic Reference Speaker Cable - Factory Terminated
- Please note, you need to enter a quantity of 2 for a pair
- Length: Custom Length
- Conductors: 2 x 12 AWG 19 strand Silver-Plated Oxygen Free Copper, each conductor set is shielded
- Conductor insulation: PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene). They believe that to obtain the most neutral tonal characteristic from silver-plated conductors it is vital to use PTFE insulation
- Internal conductor surround: A PVC spacer jacket is applied to correctly space the conductor in relation to the dual layer shielding
- Shielding: Dual layer, high density braid and overlapped foil
- External jacket: PVC
- Configuration: Twisted pair configuration. All sets of Epic Reference are factory produced and terminated to order. The conductors are twisted together and held in place, a precision engineered aluminum clamp designed to hold the conductors in place without any performance affecting cable compression
- Diameter: 2 x 7.3mm
- Colour: Translucent brown
- Terminations: Chord 24 karat gold-plated banana plugs, direct gold-plated copper spade connectors and BFA Camcon connectors
- 10 Year Warranty
- Please Note: We are unable to ship this item for International orders if a local Chord cable distributor is available
We are pleased to offer a free cable burn-in service for this cable when purchased through us. The Nordost VIDAR cable burn-in machine combines three different functions all in one operation:
- It neutralises charges that build up around the cables and the insulation
- It provides a very wide band and deep conditioning into the conductor core, which produces changes in the way signals pass through the metal.
- It ultrasonically conditions the surface of the conductors.
The VIDAR uses a proprietary combination of composite and complex signals to condition the cables. Parts of the signal oscillate at ultra-low frequencies, while other parts are in ultra-high ranges which extend beyond the range of video frequencies. The signal bounces in a ping-ping ball-like fashion from one end of the cable to the other. During the burn-in process, ultra-low frequencies penetrate deep into the core of the cable. The ultra-high frequencies zip along the surface. This method of signal transmission a set up beat harmonics, or heterodynes, between the two complex waveforms. In the digital domain, this would be referred to as aliasing products. These beat frequencies penetrate all layers of the cable.
The design of the circuitry also has a unique feature which drives electrons above the conductor into the dielectric (or insulation) area. The VIDAR not only sends ping pong signals along the cable, it also sends a similar signal from the centre core to the outer shield in the case of interconnect cables. This function neutralises the electrical charges discussed above.
So what does that all mean to me?
The end result of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR is improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.
READ MORE ABOUT THE NORDOST VIDAR CABLE TREATMENT
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Silver-Plated Oxygen Free Copper Conductors
The Chord Epic Twin Speaker Cable features silver-plated oxygen free copper conductors. Silver plated oxygen free copper is an excellent choice of conductor for both interconnects and speaker cable. Silver has a lower resistance than copper. Plating or coating copper conductors with silver reduces the overall resistance to signal flow and prevents the copper from oxidising. This allows the conductor to perform better for longer distances. Silver plating will improve both audio and video performance, improving clarity and detail in audio applications and delivering higher resolution in video applications. Used well and carefully matched with the correct insulation, silver-plated cables can allow you to enjoy higher levels of detail and an extremely neutral tone.
About The Chord Company
The Chord Company is dedicated to offering excellence in audio and audio visual cable design. Chord products have earned numerous accolades in the audio and recording industries over the past two decades. Based in Salisbury UK, The Chord Company continues to drive cable design and technology to its limits with the majority of its spectacular array of performance products designed and made in the UK.
|Product: ||Chord Epic Reference Speaker Cable - BFA to Banana 1.5m Pair - EX DEMO|
|Model: ||Chord Epic Reference - EX DEMO|
|Price: ||360.00 GBP|