The DVI Detective is a unique and useful little device that reads and stores a computer's digital video information (EDID) in order to simplify the installation process for users who are extending a digital projector or plasma display away from the computer.
Once installed and connected, the DVI Detective continually transmits the EDID to the computer, essentially "tricking" the computer into thinking that the video is present, even when it is not connected. The user can then disconnect the display, place it in a remote location and reconnect it, without rebooting the operating system. The entire installation process benefits from the DVI Detective, which utilizes a much smaller cable that requires fewer connections; it makes life easier for those extending digital displays or projectors. An inconspicuous device that weighs less than one pound. The Detective can connect to and ADC or DVI port with the use of an adapter. It works with all digital displays (DVI) as well as Apple's line of flat panel displays (ADC).
What is EDID
EDID - Extended Display Identification Data is a VESA standard data format that contains basic information about a monitor and its capabilities, including vendor information, maximum image size, color characteristics, factory pre-set timings, frequency range limits, and character strings for the monitor name and serial number.
How it works
After a simple initial programming step involving only the monitor and the DVI Detective, you simply connect the video source on one side of the DVI Detective and the extension module or switcher on the other side.
External buttons and no power after programming make EDID programming and settings operations a breeze.
Now supports full 256 byte EDID.
- Store EDID information for displays
- Easier to use: External buttons control the programming of an EDID and the protection of the memory inside the unit.
- Keeps computer systems from deactivating inactive DVI ports
- No power required after initial programming step
- Custom Resolutions are available for specific devices
- Buttons on the outside for EDID programming and write-protection
- Use with Gefen DVI extenders to obviate the necessity for DDC CAT-5 lines in computer systems
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- DVI Connector: DVI-I 29 pin female
- EDID Memory Size: 256 Bytes
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 5 watts (max)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 69mm x 51mm x 38.5mm
- Shipping Weight: 0.50 Kgs
See the Manual
- Gefen DVI Detective - EXT-DVI-EDIDN
- 1 foot DVI Dual Link M-M Cable
- 5V Power Supply
- User's Manual
EXT-DVI-EDID, EXTDVIEDID, EXT DVI EDID, EXT-DVI-EDIDN, EXTDVIEDIDN, EXT DVI EDIDN
|Product: ||Gefen DVI Detective|
|Price: ||97.20 GBP|