A lot of new flat TVs have the HDMI sockets at the side and as many HDMI cables are quite stiff, this can mean that an elegant flat screen TV has cable sticking out of the side!
Conversely some TVs have the sockets facing backwards and it can be hard to get the TV flat to the wall. Additionally, modern slimline screen mounts can take the set very close to the wall, and the cable can get in the way.
Some HDMI cables cannot carry full bandwidth 1080p HDMI signals any distance, a real problem if the cable has been set into the wall!
IXOS HDMI right angle adaptors fit snugly with the latest flat TVs. A side facing socket can be routed backwards or downwards and a back facing one sideways or downwards. Low profile mounts can close properly.
1080p signal enhancer
The 218 series include Patented IVEC technology to boost the HDMI signal, increasing performance of the HDMI cable, whichever brand.
A + B designations relate to orientation of the HDMI socket
See the Review
- IXOS(r) patented iVEC(tm) passive circuitry that equalises the digital signal to allow a cable to transmit a 1080p signal up to an additional 4m
- IXOS(r) patented 4-layer PC board minimises FEXT (Far End Cross Talk) by stabilising impedance at the plug
- IXOS(r) TRU-HD(tm) Certified High Definition 1080p Digital Video Transmission
- 24K Gold Plated Connectors provide long life and maximum signal transfer
- Ideal for side mount HDMI inputs to keep cables out of sight
|Product: ||IXOS XS218-A iVEC Right Angled Right Handed HDMI Adapter|
|Model: ||IXOS STUDIO XS218-A|
|Price: ||29.61 GBP|