The Sort Kone is a directly coupled and mechanically tuned resonance control device, using a sophisticated new approach to the problem of supporting sensitive electronics.
Whereas most equipment supports are referred to as Isolation Devices, this actually completely misunderstands the nature of the problem. The most harmful mechanical energy doesn’t enter the equipment from outside, it’s generated internally by the audio circuits and their power supplies. Transformers, power supply capacitors, even the active devices themselves, all vibrate as they operate – and those vibrations occur right where the fragile signal is, creating timing errors that smear and distort the music. The Sort Kone is designed specifically to deal with this threat to audio fidelity.
Four levels of price and performance, depending on materials employed:
- AS – Aluminum post and base combined with a hardened steel coupling ball
- AC – Aluminum post and base in combination with an upgraded Si3N4 ceramic ball
- BC – Bronze post and base elements combined with a ceramic coupling ball
- TC – Titanium post and base in combination with the ceramic coupling ball for ultimate performance
Packed individually so that you can secure exactly the optimum number for your system requirements.
Because it’s Danish for black, which is exactly what the Sort Kones provide – a blacker background to your music. With it comes greater focus, instrumental color, depth, transparency and dynamic range. Your system will sound more natural and more lifelike, your music more lively and engaging, the musicians like better musicians – simply because you’ll finally be able to hear the notes they’re playing, the way they play them and precisely when. So, release the hidden performance that’s lurking in your equipment.
About Nordost Cables
- Nordost Sort Kone AC Isolation Cone
- Three-part construction employs superior materials in a mechanically tuned configuration
- Bypasses soft feet fitted to equipment in order to provide direct mechanical ground path for internal energy
- Can be used in triplets, quartets or even larger numbers
- Upgrades performance of existing racks and support systems
- Improves sound quality by eliminating unwanted vibration
- Provides a direct ground path to reduce distortion
- Coupling balls minimise contact surface area while providing physical stability to components
- Increases detail and musicality
- Delivers a more natural and lifelike experience
Founded in 1991, Nordost Corporation is a high-technology cable manufacturer specializing in the audio and medical fields, using precision conductor solutions first developed for the aerospace industry and in conjunction with NASA for the space shuttle program. This grounding in the mission critical fields of space flight and micro-surgery have afforded the company an enviable research budget and an unprecedented degree of manufacturing accuracy and consistency.
Nordost also adopted a unique approach to sales, openly demonstrating the performance of their products against the competition. This confidence was well placed and the strategy proved a sure-fire winner, the legendary Nordost cable demos remaining high on the must-hear list for audiophiles attending hi-fi shows around the world.
|Product: ||Nordost Sort Kone AC Isolation Cone|
|Model: ||Sort Cone SK/AC|
|Price: ||79.99 GBP|