The Valhalla 2 Reference Tonearm Cable is designed specifically to pass the most fragile signal in your system. The quality of the conductors, connectors, and the termination itself are all critical to realizing the performance of a high-quality analog replay system. This is especially true since the output of a typical moving-coil cartridge is around 10,000 times smaller than many CD players. The V2 Tonearm Cable’s conductors use the same silver plated, solid 99.999999% OFC copper as the other Valhalla cables but are tuned and conﬁgured for their specific task. The following terminations are available: Din-type to HOLO:PLUG™ RCA, Din-type to HOLO:PLUG™ gold plated XLR, and RCA to RCA. An integral earth wire is provided, while balanced terminations are available to special order.
The Valhalla Reference tonearm comes with different plugs, such as RCA, Straight 5 Pin Din, Right Angled 5 Pin Din and XLR.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
About Nordost Cables
- Nordost Valhalla Reference Tonearm Cable
- Length: 1.75m
- Insulation: High purity class 1.1 extruded FEP
- Construction: Dual Mono-Filament with two layers of silver plated shielding
- Conductors: 4 x 22 AWG Solid-core
- Drain Wire: 1 x 24 AWG silver plated stranded OFC
- Material: 85 microns of silver extruded over 99.999999% OFC
- Connectors: HOLO:PLUG™ Gold plated RCA/XLR and both straight and right-angle Din
- Dielectric Constant: 1.38
- Capacitance and Inductance: Capacitance: 17.0pF/ft Inductance: 0.076 uH/ft
- Propagation Delay: 87% speed of light
- Lifetime Warranty on the Cable and 3 Years Warranty on the plugs
Founded in 1991, Nordost Corporation is a high-technology cable manufacturer specializing in the audio and medical fields, using precision conductor solutions first developed for the aerospace industry and in conjunction with NASA for the space shuttle program. This grounding in the mission critical fields of space flight and micro-surgery have afforded the company an enviable research budget and an unprecedented degree of manufacturing accuracy and consistency.
Nordost also adopted a unique approach to sales, openly demonstrating the performance of their products against the competition. This confidence was well placed and the strategy proved a sure-fire winner, the legendary Nordost cable demos remaining high on the must-hear list for audiophiles attending hi-fi shows around the world.
|Product: ||Nordost Valhalla 2, Tonearm Cable 1.75m|
|Model: ||Valhalla 1.75m|
|Price: ||4,399.99 GBP|