There are two areas in a data network cable that must be perfectly designed, a) The shielding, and b) The twinning of the two lead pair. The reason is cross-talk, when the signal "jumps" to the adjacent pair of leads.
One important difference from digital audio circuitry is that network transmission follows a protocol with handshake, a confirmation between sender and receiver. If the cable cannot maintain signal integrity, transmission speed will drop until transmission is accomplised, in worst case leading to signal drop-outs.
Supra Cat7+ surpasses the specification category 7A according to EN 50288 and IEC 61156. The cable shows excellent NEXT, low damping, good shielding (every pair separately and finally all together, so called SSTP), low SKEW, bandwidth @ 1300MHz.
The solid 22AWG copper leads, foamed PE plastic, efficient shielding make extremely long distances installation possible, thanks to the new low capacitance.
Installation cable for network. Ideal for all class D up to FA Multimedia applications, i.e video, data, voice >10 GbE according to IEEE802.3an, VoIP, PoE.
The abbreviation is short for Flame Retardant Halogen Free, meaning that the cable is fire retardant and approved for use and installation in public areas and buildings. The specfic characteristics of this classification are:
- Excellent flame retardancy
- Halogen Free
- Less smoke in case of fire (Lo-smoke)
- Less hazardous gas emission
- Conductor: Bare copper wire, AWG22/1 or 0.33mm2
- Insulation: Cellular-PE, core-Ø: nom. value 1.6mm
- Twisting element: Pair
- Individual screen: Aluminium/polyester tape
- Twisting: 4 pairs
- Overall screen: Tinned copper wire braid
- Colour code: Wh/bu,wh/or,wh/gn,wh/bn
- Coloured tracer: Green/White
- Application Examples: Ethernet >10Gb
- Cable: 4 Pair, Cat7A S/STP
- Cross. Area (mm2/AWG): 0,26/23
- Wire Material: Solid Oxygen Free Copper (OFC)
- Insulation: PE Foam
- Inner Screen Coverage: Alu. Band & Braid 100%
- Jacket: PE FRHF
- Ext. Size (mm): Ø.8mm
- Lifetime Warranty
About Supra Cables
- DC resistance (Ohm/km): 57.1
- Insulation resistance (Gohm x km): 5
- Mutual capacitance (pF/m): 40
- Capacitance unbalance (e) (pF/km): 1500
- Signal velocity (C): 0.8
- Propagation delay (ns/100m): 420
- Skew at 100 MHz (ns/100m): 5
- Char. impedance at 100MHz (Ohm): 100+5
- Test voltage Ueff (V): 1000
- Operating voltage Ueff (V): 125
Supra Cables started in 1976 and have won an impressive number of awards all over the world, often in comparison with more expensive competitor cables.
Supra cables philosophy is best described as plain and simple 'No-Nonsense-Design.' All products are manufactured from parts meeting the highest audible and measureable quality standards.
Supra manufacture in their own dedicated production facilities in Ljungskile, Sweden, which are constantly monitored by certified quality staff to ensure the very highest quality standards across a wide-range of product lines.