The AES-EBU committee has set the characteristic impedance for professional balanced digital signal transmission at 110 Ohm. World-wide this typical value is accepted as the standard impedance for professional balanced digital audio transfer. To meet this requirement, already since 1990 there company has been designing high quality balanced 110 Ohm interface cables. The ultimate result is our AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional cable which provides a superior digital signal transmission quality.
The major design criteria with this cable have been:
- To provide a stable and precise 110 Ohm transmission line impedance.
- To provide a very high frequency bandwidth as well as minimal signal attenuation.
- To provide a very high shielding factor against interference due to external electromagnetic fields.
- The prevention of material deterioration brought about by external factors, like polluted air or mechanical causes.
The AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional’s internal balanced construction contains two solid core centre conductors each consisting of a 0.75 mm solid core lead, made of high purity dense silver coated high purity matched crystal Oxygen Free Copper (OFC). Each lead exhibits a resistance of 4.0 Ohm/100 meter. The capacitance between both leads is very low: 47 pF/m. The two centre conductors’ respective red and transparent insulation is made of dense polyethylene, which together with their dense silver coating provides extra protection against external mechanical and corrosive aging factors.
To provide a stable and precise 110 Ohm transmission line impedance, the centre conductors’ combined dense polyethylene insulation and mild 60 mm lay maintains a solid balanced line geometry. In addition, specially treated fibres are used as internal fillers. These act to further stabilise the geometry and furthermore render the cable insensitive to humidity penetration and any resulting impedance deviations or transmission losses.
To maintain a constant 110 Ohm impedance and avoid signal reflections, the advised minimum value of bending radius for the AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional is 8.0 cm.
By maintaining a close tolerance 110 Ohm impedance, the AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional keeps interface induced jitter to a minimum. Sonically this results into a much cleaner reproduced analog signal in direct comparison to other AES-EBU standardised products in the same transmission link.
Supporting accurate data transmission and low-jitter clock recovery, the AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional furthermore features a very high frequency bandwidth. As an example: The -3 dB bandwidth of a 10 m. run well exceeds 300 MHz.
The AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional’s cable screen consists of four layers: an aluminum tape beneath a braid of 120 high grade OFC wires with a dense pure silver coating, this beneath another aluminum tape and a Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated outer layer. The resistance of the combined screens is 0.81 Ohm/100 meter.
This quadruple shielding provides supreme immunity against radio frequency and other electromagnetic interference, allowing trouble-free use of large lengths. Multiple lengths can be run in parallel without risk of mutual interference, even with other cabling (e.g. in cable conduits).
The AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional’s 8.0 mm. external diameter dark red outer jacket is made of our PVC and Halogen Free HULLIFLEX ® 4; this new rugged insulation material combines excellent mechanical robustness with an optimal protection against chemical (corrosive) attack from the outside world and ensures a very long lifespan.
In addition, the use of gold-plated Neutrik special digital audio XLR connectors contributes to the good quality of this cable.
The AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional has all the technology on board for exceptional performance without compromise and is especially suited for digital audio connections over greater distances (e.g. studio wiring).
Providing the cleanest possible signal transport in all AES-EBU digital audio applications, the AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional is the ultimate choice for the professional and critical audiophile.
- Van Den Hul AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional, 1 XLR to 1 XLR
- Length: 0.6m
- Cable Type: Quadruple screened twin core (Balanced)
- Conductor Material: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC
- Design Purpose/Application Area(s): AES-EBU standard professional digital audio interconnect
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: Cores: 0.44 mm² / Cores: AWG 20.7 / Cores: 1; Screen: Al foil + 120 + Al foil
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 8.0 mm
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: Cores: 4.0 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 0.81 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: Core-core: 47 pF/m
- Characteristic Impedance: 110 Ohm
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: Internal conductors: PolyEthylene; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 4 / 300 Vrms min
- Connector Types Suitable: Neutrik NC3FX CC & NC3MX CC - special digital audio XLR; Custom mountable on ordered lengths
- Jacket Colours Available: Dark red
- 12 Month Warranty
- SAME DAY DISPATCH BY FIRST CLASS POST (If ordered before 4.30pm Mon to Fri)