|The combination of The WAVE interconnects and the CS-122 Hybrid speaker cable has been chosen group winners in the August 2013 issue of Hi Fi Choice.
This twin lead loudspeaker cable is the twin version of the CS - 12 HF. Main aim is to provide a high quality flat twin lead cable at a low price.
The 2 conductors are made of 147 strands of 0.16 mm. diameter high purity Matched Crystal OFC with a very dense pure silver coating. Each conductor exhibits a cross-section area of 2.96 mm, equalling AWG 12.5. Covering the two conductors you find an extra Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer to improve the sonic
performance and to transform the radiated magnetic field into an audio-signal again.
The resistance per lead is: 0.58 Ohm/100 meter. The capacitance between the 2 leads is: 32 pF/meter. The cable jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX ® 3, a very flexible and mechanically superb insulation material. The insulation of the plus and minus leads is different in shape with printing in the flat middle section. Both properties are easy polarity finders. Type printing on every 25 cm. (10") makes cutting of specified lengths very easy.
This cable is available in a very attractive matt cream colour.
Our 4.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors and our DIY Screw-On Speaker Connectors are excellently suited for the CS122 HYBRID.
"The CS-122 Hybrid is an updated version of one of vdH’s classic speaker cables, and sports two conductors made of 147 strands of 0.16mm diameter, high-purity, matched-crystal oxygen-free copper with a very dense pure-silver coating, alongside a carbon saturated layer that is said to improve the sound. The cable jacket is also made of Hulliflex and is described as “a very attractive matt cream colour”. During the debrief one of our panelists counters: “it looks like something you see in a hospital”!." HiFi Choice Group Winner August 2013
FREE CABLE BURN-IN SERVICE OPTION USING THE NORDOST VIDAR MACHINE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS CABLE FROM FUTURESHOP.CO.UK
- Please note, you need to enter a quantity of 2 for a pair
- Cable Type: Twin conductor
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose / Application Area(s): Loudspeaker cable
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: 2x(2.96 mm / AWG 12.5 / 147)
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 16.5 mm. wide; 6.0 mm. thick
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: 0.58 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: 32 pF/m
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: HULLIFLEX ® 3 / 300 Vrms min
- Connector Types Suitable: Our 4.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors or our DIY Screw-On Speaker Connectors; Both custom mountable on ordered lengths
- Standard Sales Units / Lengths: 100m reels; With connectors mounted to specifications: any length or without connectors
- Jacket Colours Available: Cream
- Remarks: Is a twinlead HYBRID version of our CS - 12 HF; Our The TEATRACK HYBRID is a quadruple lead / biwiring version of this cable
We are pleased to offer a free cable burn-in service for this cable when purchased through us. The Nordost VIDAR cable burn-in machine combines three different functions all in one operation:
- It neutralises charges that build up around the cables and the insulation
- It provides a very wide band and deep conditioning into the conductor core, which produces changes in the way signals pass through the metal.
- It ultrasonically conditions the surface of the conductors.
The VIDAR uses a proprietary combination of composite and complex signals to condition the cables. Parts of the signal oscillate at ultra-low frequencies, while other parts are in ultra-high ranges which extend beyond the range of video frequencies. The signal bounces in a ping-ping ball-like fashion from one end of the cable to the other. During the burn-in process, ultra-low frequencies penetrate deep into the core of the cable. The ultra-high frequencies zip along the surface. This method of signal transmission a set up beat harmonics, or heterodynes, between the two complex waveforms. In the digital domain, this would be referred to as aliasing products. These beat frequencies penetrate all layers of the cable.
The design of the circuitry also has a unique feature which drives electrons above the conductor into the dielectric (or insulation) area. The VIDAR not only sends ping pong signals along the cable, it also sends a similar signal from the centre core to the outer shield in the case of interconnect cables. This function neutralises the electrical charges discussed above.
So what does that all mean to me?
The end result of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR is improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.
READ MORE ABOUT THE NORDOST VIDAR CABLE TREATMENT
HOW TO ORDER
Simply select the length of cable, the type of plug and the termination required (one end or both ends) from the drop-down menus above and click on the 'Buy' button to add the item to your basket. Your cable will be dispatched within 24 hours subject to Future Shop Terms & Conditions. If you wish to terminate the cable yourself you can consider our range of banana plugs or spades by clicking on the link. CLICK HERE
We can terminate your cable with 24 Carat gold plated AIRLOC termination plugs. AIRLOC is a specialised loudspeaker termination method and offers the very best termination with VDH speaker cables. This is a solder-free, airtight fusion between the cable and plug and offers optimum signal transfer, excellent signal quality and perfect long-term performance.
Read the View
Group Test Results
|Product: ||Van Den Hul The CS-122 Hybrid Speaker Cable|
|Model: ||The CS-122 Hybrid|
|Price: ||19.99 GBP|