This twin lead brown metallic coloured speaker cable is designed to provide a very high transfer quality at a moderate price.
Each lead is made of 296 x 0.15 mm. Matched Crystal (MC) high purity OFC strands with a dense and very pure silver coating. Covering the two conductors an extra layer saturated with Linear Structured Carbon ® is applied to improve the sonic performance and to transform the radiated magnetic field into an audio signal again. The cable jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX ® 3, a very flexible and mechanically superb insulation material. The resistance per lead is: 0.34 Ohm/100 meter.
Total metal cross-section area for each conductor is 5.23 mm², equalling AWG 10. The capacitance between the 2 leads is: 32.5 pF/meter.
The plus and minus leads are different in jacket-shape with printing in the flat middle section. Both properties are easy polarity-finders.
Type printing at 25 cm. (10") distance makes cutting of specified lengths very easy.
Our 4.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors and our DIY Screw-On Speaker Connectors are excellently suited for the D - 352 HYBRID.
FREE CABLE BURN-IN SERVICE OPTION USING THE NORDOST VIDAR MACHINE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS CABLE FROM FUTURESHOP.CO.UK
- Van Den Hul The D352 Hybrid Speaker Cable
- Please note, you need to enter a quantity of 2 for a pair
- Cable Type: Twin conductor
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose / Application Area(s): Loudspeaker cable
Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: 2x(5.23 mm² / AWG 10 / 296)
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 21.0 mm. wide; 6.5 mm. thick
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: 0.34 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: 32.5 pF/m
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: HULLIFLEX ® 3 / 300 Vrms min
- Jacket Colour: Brown metallic
- Remarks: Self mounting of connectors is not advised since special soldering equipment is required; Our custom connector mounting service is available.
We are pleased to offer a free cable burn-in service for this cable when purchased through us. The Nordost VIDAR cable burn-in machine combines three different functions all in one operation:
- It neutralises charges that build up around the cables and the insulation
- It provides a very wide band and deep conditioning into the conductor core, which produces changes in the way signals pass through the metal.
- It ultrasonically conditions the surface of the conductors.
The VIDAR uses a proprietary combination of composite and complex signals to condition the cables. Parts of the signal oscillate at ultra-low frequencies, while other parts are in ultra-high ranges which extend beyond the range of video frequencies. The signal bounces in a ping-ping ball-like fashion from one end of the cable to the other. During the burn-in process, ultra-low frequencies penetrate deep into the core of the cable. The ultra-high frequencies zip along the surface. This method of signal transmission a set up beat harmonics, or heterodynes, between the two complex waveforms. In the digital domain, this would be referred to as aliasing products. These beat frequencies penetrate all layers of the cable.
The design of the circuitry also has a unique feature which drives electrons above the conductor into the dielectric (or insulation) area. The VIDAR not only sends ping pong signals along the cable, it also sends a similar signal from the centre core to the outer shield in the case of interconnect cables. This function neutralises the electrical charges discussed above.
So what does that all mean to me?
The end result of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR is improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.
READ MORE ABOUT THE NORDOST VIDAR CABLE TREATMENT
HOW TO ORDER
Simply select the length of cable, the type of plug and the termination required (one end or both ends) from the drop-down menus above and click on the 'Buy' button to add the item to your basket. Your cable will be dispatched within 24 hours subject to Future Shop Terms & Conditions. If you wish to terminate the cable yourself you can consider our range of banana plugs or spades by clicking on the link. CLICK HERE
We can terminate your cable with high quality banana plugs using a cold weld method and offers the very best termination with VDH speaker cables. This is a solder-free, airtight fusion between the cable and plug and offers optimum signal transfer, excellent signal quality and perfect long-term performance.
|Product: ||Van Den Hul The D-352 Hybrid Speaker Cable|
|Model: ||The D-352 Hybrid|
|Price: ||28.00 GBP|