Van Den Hul's 8.0 mm. special quality power cable The MAINSSERVER HYBRID is the lower power (6 Ampere) version of our 16 Ampere types The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID and The MAINSSTREAM BS HYBRID.
The MAINSSERVER HYBRID has especially been designed bearing uncompromising mains distribution to low power consumption high-end audio, video and professional equipment in mind.
Low power high-end equipment generally concerns signal sources, converters, preamplifiers and other signal processing equipment which, as a rule, pose a higher demand with regard to low noise mains power. The MAINSSERVER HYBRID therefore incorporates improved power-line noise filter characteristics.
The MAINSSERVER HYBRID features:
- A unique embedded power-line noise suppression filter.
- A high continuous current capacity and a maximum transparency with regards to instantaneously drawn current surges.
- Strong shielding against in and outwards radiation of electromagnetic and radio frequency interference.
- Conductors and shield are of the high quality also found in our loudspeaker cables.
- Extreme ruggedness and therefore a very long lifespan.
An important feature of The MAINSSERVER HYBRID are its carefully designed power-line noise suppression properties:
- First of all The MAINSSERVER HYBRIDís special Hybrid conductor structure and configuration have been designed to work as an embedded power-line filter.This unique built-in filter effectively suppresses high frequency power-line noise (*1) without imposing any current delivery limitations: Unlike conventional power-line filters, The MAINSSERVER HYBRID does not employ any filtering components in series with its AC current path; Series impedance (reactance) is absent and the cable therefore does not exhibit any current limiting, resonance or sluggish response to current demand effects. A true unlimited stream of clean mains power indeed!
- Secondly, the cable is equipped with a high quality shield. This heavy shield has two important functions:
1. It keeps power-line noise from radiating outwards onto your close by equipment and interconnects.
2. It keeps external electromagnetic and radio frequency interference from entering the AC line.
- Third, the cableís central yellow-green coloured ground lead features a broadband low impedance, which allows for perfect drainage of the connected equipmentís ground current noise and thus further helps to keep the noise floor down. In transporting AC power as well as cleaning and protecting it from high frequency noise, The MAINSSERVER HYBRID is a unique multifunctional product. The MAINSSERVER HYBRID can be looked upon as a gatekeeper, physically separating the noise contaminated mains from your equipmentís interconnect and power wiring without imposing any current delivery limitations.
The MAINSSERVER HYBRIDís special embedded filter structure suppresses both existing types of power-line contamination, i.e.: differential mode (across the lines) as well as common mode (simultaneous on both lines) noise components.
To ensure proper noise suppression behaviour, The MAINSSERVER HYBRID is not sold in lengths below 1.5 meter.
The MAINSSERVER HYBRIDís conductors are made of high purity dense silver coated high purity oxygen free stranded copper. The effective cross-section area of The MAINSSERVER HYBRIDís blue Neutral and brown Lead/Hot current leads (*2) each is 0.754 mm≤ (AWG 18.4), yielding a very low 2.3 Ohm/100 m. series resistance.
The cableís loop current series resistance is therefore a very low 0.046 Ohm per meter run.
The MAINSSERVER HYBRIDís 0.754 mm≤ current leads (*2)
allow a continuous operating current up to 6 Amperes, which at 230 V AC mains is equivalent to a maximum power capacity of 1.4 kilowatt.
The MAINSSERVER HYBRID contains three blue Neutral and three brown Lead/Hot conductors which, when paralleled per three, each constitute a 0.754 mm≤ current lead. With its gold colored heavy HULLIFLEX ģ 4 jacket and heavy shield beneath, The MAINSSERVER HYBRID is extremely rugged. The MAINSSERVER HYBRIDís high purity dense silver coated stranded shield and inner conductors, as well as its throughout applied PETE insulation material furthermore provide an optimal protection against chemical (corrosive) attack from the outside world and ensure a very long lifespan.
With all features on board for an uncompromising and long lasting performance, The MAINSSERVER HYBRID is the ultimate choice for the critical audiophile and professional.
- Van Den Hul The Mainsserver Hybrid UK - IEC Power Cable
- Length: 1.5 metres
- Material: Hybrid
- Cable type: Screened 7 core
- Conductor material HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ģ saturated layer(s)
- Design purpose: Low noise mains distribution cable for low power high-end audio, video and professional equipment use
- eff conductor Cores: 0.251 mm≤ / ~AWG 23 / 8
Ground: 0.754 mm≤ / AWG 18.4 / 24
Screen: 2.17 mm≤ / ~AWG 14 / 192
- External diameter 8.0 mm
- Resistance Cores: 6.9 Ohm/100 m. Three cores combined = Lead or Neutral: 2.3 Ohm/100 m
Ground: 2.3 Ohm/100 m
Screen: 0.89 Ohm/100 m
- Insulation Cores: Polyethylene Terephthalate; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ģ 4 / 750 Vrms min. / 5 kV
- Connector types Mains side: Country specific grounded mains plugs with 8.0 mm. cable inlet. Equipment side: Our small Schurter brand IEC320/C15 type 10 amp IEC power connector.
- Remarks Approval / Certification: Tested and certified according to DIN VDE 0282-10 (VDE 0282 Part 10):2000-07; HD 22.10 S1:1994 + A1:1999
The MAINSSERVER HYBRID is the lower power (6 Ampere) version of our 16 Ampere types The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID and The MAINSSTREAM BS HYBRID
- 12 Month Warranty
For electric safety reasons this cable is not sold without connectors. We advise consumers against mounting connectors to this cable themselves; Mounting connectors to this cable needs expertise.