The TEATRACK HYBRID is the heaviest member of our quadruple lead / bi-wiring loudspeaker cable range.
Its four leads each feature 147 high purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) strands with an effective cross-section area of 2.96 mm equalling AWG 12.5 and exhibiting a resistance of 0.58 Ohm per 100 meter.
Covering each conductor is a layer containing our Linear Structured Carbon ®; This combination of metal and carbon (hybrid technology) has excellent properties when it comes to resolution and neutrality.
The cable’s cream coloured jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX ® 5; a material with excellent mechanical, chemical and environmental properties, thus providing the cable with an optimal protection. The TEATRACK HYBRID’s external dimensions are: 25.5 mm wide and 6.0 mm thick.
Polarity determination is simple: the four conductors have different insulator shapes, furthermore, one set has two cuts and the other set has only one cut and a flat surface at the other side with type printing. Type printing at 25 cm. (10") distance allows easy cutting of lengths. It is advised to use the two inside conductors as the cold (-) leads and both outer conductors as the hot (+) leads.
The TEATRACK HYBRID is the quadruple lead / bi-wiring version of our The CS - 122 HYBRID.
FREE CABLE BURN-IN SERVICE OPTION USING THE NORDOST VIDAR MACHINE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS CABLE FROM FUTURESHOP.CO.UK
- Please note, you need to enter a quantity of 2 for a pair
- Cable Type: Quadruple conductor
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose / Application Area(s): Loudspeaker bi-wiring cable
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: 4x(2.96 mm_ / AWG 12.5 / 147)
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 25.5 mm wide; 6.0 mm thick
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: 0.58 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: ~53 pF/m
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 5 / 300 Vrms min
- Connector Types Suitable: When combining leads into pairs (e.g. as twin lead speaker cable or at amplifier side of bi-wiring cable): Our 6.5 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors; Custom mountable on any length ordered
- For termination of individual leads: Our 3.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors or our DIY Screw-On Speaker Connectors; Both custom mountable on any length ordered. Standard Sales Units / Lengths: 50 m. reels; With connectors mounted to specifications; any length or without connectors
- With connectors mounted the cable is also available in stereo pairs (i.e. two separate cables) in the following standard configurations:
- Bi-amping configuration: Each of both cables having 4 connectors at the amplifier side and 4 connectors at the speaker side
- Bi-wiring configuration: Each of both cables having 2 connectors at the amplifier side and 4 connectors at the speaker side
- Normal wiring configuration: Each of both cables having 2 connectors at the amplifier side and 2 connectors at the speaker side
- Jacket Colours Available: Cream
- Remarks: Is a quadruple lead / bi-wiring version of The CS - 122 HYBRID
We are pleased to offer a free cable burn-in service for this cable when purchased through us. The Nordost VIDAR cable burn-in machine combines three different functions all in one operation:
- It neutralises charges that build up around the cables and the insulation
- It provides a very wide band and deep conditioning into the conductor core, which produces changes in the way signals pass through the metal.
- It ultrasonically conditions the surface of the conductors.
The VIDAR uses a proprietary combination of composite and complex signals to condition the cables. Parts of the signal oscillate at ultra-low frequencies, while other parts are in ultra-high ranges which extend beyond the range of video frequencies. The signal bounces in a ping-ping ball-like fashion from one end of the cable to the other. During the burn-in process, ultra-low frequencies penetrate deep into the core of the cable. The ultra-high frequencies zip along the surface. This method of signal transmission a set up beat harmonics, or heterodynes, between the two complex waveforms. In the digital domain, this would be referred to as aliasing products. These beat frequencies penetrate all layers of the cable.
The design of the circuitry also has a unique feature which drives electrons above the conductor into the dielectric (or insulation) area. The VIDAR not only sends ping pong signals along the cable, it also sends a similar signal from the centre core to the outer shield in the case of interconnect cables. This function neutralises the electrical charges discussed above.
So what does that all mean to me?
The end result of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR is improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.
READ MORE ABOUT THE NORDOST VIDAR CABLE TREATMENT
HOW TO ORDER
Simply select the length of cable, the type of plug and the termination required (one end or both ends) from the drop-down menus above and click on the 'Buy' button to add the item to your basket. Your cable will be dispatched within 24 hours subject to Future Shop Terms & Conditions. If you wish to terminate the cable yourself you can consider our range of banana plugs or spades by clicking on the link. CLICK HERE
We can terminate your cable with 24 Carat gold plated AIRLOC termination plugs. AIRLOC is a specialised loudspeaker termination method and offers the very best termination with VDH speaker cables. This is a solder-free, airtight fusion between the cable and plug and offers optimum signal transfer, excellent signal quality and perfect long-term performance.
|Product: ||Van Den Hul The TeaTrack Biwire Speaker Cable|
|Model: ||The TeaTrack|
|Price: ||35.00 GBP|