|The combination of The WAVE interconnects and the CS-122 Hybrid speaker cable has been chosen group winners in the August 2013 issue of Hi Fi Choice.
The WAVE celebrates its 25 years of GreenCare; van den Hul’s own green program that warrants that from the first till the last day of existence, each cable will not harm the environment at all. This has been one of our important design criteria in the past quarter of a century.
The WAVE is a coaxial, triple shielded interconnect designed to simply outperform its price class with superior qualities.
Being not just any other "coax cable", The WAVE's finely balanced design and materials inside comprise more than 25 years of experience and material knowledge, resulting into impeccable transmission quality.
Another strong aspect of The WAVE is that its high natural bandwidth and excellent noise rejection properties make it applicable in a wide variation of audio as well as 75 Ohm video interconnect situations.
The WAVE is ideal for use as an audio interconnect in wiring your home theatre setup, in going from CD or DVD player to amplifier or in any other hi-fi line level wiring application.
Due to the fact that it's also a highly accurate 75 Ohm cable, The WAVE is equally perfect in AV applications like antenna/cable TV, video, surround and S/PDIF digital audio connections.
"The Wave has a formidable array of talents and is one of the best cables at this kind of money." What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision - January 2009
The Wave is towards the more affordable end of this, and is another silver-plated, copper cable featuring a “massive” 0.9mm central conductor of oxygen-free copper. A specially foamed dielectric insulation material is said to minimise high frequency signal attenuation. The outer and inner layer are made of the same material as the central conductor, which is described as a “triple shield” that is said to aid interference suppression. As with all van den Hul cables, it is covered in the company’s own ‘Hulliflex’ cable jacket, which is claimed to be both environmentally friendly and contain no halogens. HiFi Choice Group Winner August 2013
- Van Den Hul The Wave 2 RCA to 2 RCA Audio Cable
- Length: 1m
- A robust and massive 0.9 mm Ø central conductor made of dense silver coated, high purity, matched crystal oxygen free copper provides optimal signal transparency and fidelity
- A specially foamed dielectric insulation material minimizes high frequency signal attenuation
- Not less than three shielding layers: With the outer and inner layer made of the same high quality conductor material as the central conductor, this unique combination achieves first-rate interference suppression and highly linear conductance. Often overlooked is the fact that a coaxial cable shield needs to both carry the return signal as well as to keep noise out. The WAVE's triple shield design separates these functions, yielding great gain in performance
- Its HULLIFLEX ® cable jacket provides maximum ruggedness and optimal lifespan protection
- All materials are environmentally friendly and contain no halogens
In short, a high caliber cable with dreamlike properties, making it an excellent choice to elevate your AV setup with first-rate audio and video performance.
Read the View
Group Test Results
- Cable Type: Coaxial
- Conductor Material: Dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC
- Design Purpose/Application Area(s): Multi-purpose AV interconnect
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: Core: 0.64 mm_. / AWG 19 / Core: 1; Screen: 96 + Al foil + 112
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 7.3 mm
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: Core: 2.7 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 0.55 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: 57 pF/m
- Characteristic Impedance: 75 Ohm
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: Core: PE foam; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 4 / 300 Vrms min
- Connector Types Suitable: Special version of our RCA type C - 7.3; Our BNC type BNC - 7.0; Television style coaxial plugs
- Standard Sales Units / Lengths: Stereo pair packed with RCA (unbalanced) connectors in 0.8 & 1.0m
- Six lead packed sets for AV applications with RCA (unbalanced) connectors in 0.6, 0.8 & 1.0m. lengths
- Jacket Colours Available: Olive green
- Remarks: Connectors need to be factory mounted
|Product: ||Van Den Hul The Wave 2 RCA to 2 RCA Audio Cable 1m|
|Model: ||The Wave 1m|
|Price: ||127.99 GBP|