Prefer email? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
AudioQuest NRG-Y3 Mains Power Cable (EX DEMO, EU, 1m)
AudioQuest NRG-Y3 Mains Power Cable (EX DEMO, EU 1m only)
The NRG-Y3 is AudioQuest's new generation entry-level mains power cable, replacing the old NRG-X3. Borrowing some manufacturing techniques from the industry-leading Storm Series, the NRG-Y3 delivers no Characteristic Impedance for uncompressed current transfer on Long-Grain Copper conductors, with silver-plated shield drains mitigating RF noise. NOTE: This product is EX DEMO, EU 1m ONLY.
What AudioQuest say
Following on from the success of the Storm Series NRG power cables (Thunder, Tornado, Hurricane & Dragon), AudioQuest have utilised trickle down techniques to create a new series of affordable, entry level NRG power cables. Featuring the excellent Noise-Dissipation technology employed in the Storm Series, this new range of NRG-Y and NRG-Z cables outperform their old NRG-X and NRG-1/1.5/2 counterparts by a landslide. The NRG-Y3 replaces the NRG-X3 however it outperforms previous higher models.
Ideal for video displays, powered speakers, and all other electronics, NRG-Y3 (3-pole) cables use direction-controlled Long-Grain Copper (LGC) conductors in a Semi-Solid Concentric arrangement in which the individual copper strands are packed more tightly and never change position within the bundle. This construction significantly reduces strand interaction distortion. The greater purity and more uniform grain structure of Long-Grain Copper further reduces distortion. In addition, NRG-Y3's direction-controlled silver-plated shield conductors efficiently drain RF noise to ground.
- Zero Characteristic Impedance for Uncompressed Current Transfer
- Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors
- Direction-Controlled Conductors & Silver-Plated Shield Drains
Zero Characteristic Impedance for Uncompressed Current Transfer
A non-technical analogy for this might be that if you drop a coin in a tube with shampoo in it, no matter how wide (low resistance) that tube, the shampoo (the Characteristic Impedance) is going to get in the way (compromise current transients). Eliminating Characteristic Impedance (Zero means No in this application) is like having only air in the tube, as close to a vacuum as possible. Whether the amp is running at less than a watt or is fully maxed out, the unrestricted transients are visceral — something the whole body understands, no words required.
Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors
NRG-Y2 and NRG-Y3 AC cables use Long-Grain-Copper (LGC) in a 7-strand Semi-Solid Concentric arrangement in which the strands never change position within the bundle. This technique significantly reduces strand-interaction distortion. The higher purity and fewer grains within LGC copper further reduce distortion.
Direction-Controlled Conductors & Silver-Plated Shield Drains
All drawn metal has a non-symmetrical, and therefore directional, grain structure. AudioQuest controls the resulting RF impedance variation so that noise drains away from where it will cause distortion. The Silver-Plated shield drains efficiently remove RF noise from the line and neutral shields via the wall plug’s “ground” pin – which is why even the 2-Pole “2” models have an unexpected ground pin.
- Low-Distortion 2-Pole Power Cable
- Long-Grain Copper (LGC) with Silver-Plated Drain Wires
- Black/Grey Braided Jacket
- Lifetime Warranty
- Outer Diameter 14mm
AudioQuest has been the largest cable supplier to the high-end specialist market for many years. AudioQuest is sold in several hundred outlets in the US and in over sixty countries. Bill Lowe (Founder) is especially pleased that this success has been possible despite his insistence that the foundation of the company, and the foundation of AudioQuest marketing, must be the performance of the product. In the audio world, many professionals have learned that it is not always convenient to listen to the products they sell … they might learn something they don’t want to know! Bill has always understood the challenge of basing the existence of AudioQuest on the performance of the product. However, to Bill, this is the only reasonable way to do business and the only acceptable way to combine his passion for music (and all things high performance), with his need to make a living.
- Low-Distortion 3-Pole Power Cable
- Long-Grain Copper (LGC) with Silver-Plated Drain Wires
- Black/Grey Braided Jacket
- Lifetime Warranty
1. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Services as a Standard Postage Option
Orders received before 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are usually dispatched the same day by FIRST CLASS post (unless premium postal or timed courier services are selected), subject to stock availability. Over 98% of our orders are usually delivered the next working day including Saturdays.
Standard delivery is usually within 2-3 working days, although 98% of all orders are delivered the next working day including Saturdays . In extreme cases, such as delivery to the Highlands and Islands, this may take 3 days.
All items are fully insured and come with an invoice from Futureshop.co.uk. We use the Royal Mail for delivery of small packages and DPD or Interlink Express for items that weigh over 2KG. Items over 2KG are fully insured and will usually be delivered within 48 hours of placing your order Monday to Friday subject to stock availability. For International orders, we use FedEx Services where customers have selected this option.
Please note, special orders for non-standard cable lengths or custom-made cables may be subject to longer delivery time-scales. This may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
We offer 'Free UK delivery on orders over £99' subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Applies only to orders with £99 or more of items (including VAT at the UK rate), at FutureShop.co.uk
- Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK (excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by UK Mail).
- Applies only to deliveries to addresses within mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. Applies only to orders that are to be delivered to a single Mainland UK delivery address.
- You will not be eligible for free delivery on your order if any items are cancelled or returned for a refund, bringing the total order amount below £99. Where items are returned, the refund due will be the cost of the item less any postage costs.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue 'Free delivery on orders over £99 promotion at any time.
- FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £99 OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO TRADE CUSTOMERS.
Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD or Interlink Express next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK.
Free Delivery for orders over £99 excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by DPD or Interlink Express.
2. Special Delivery UK - Guaranteed Next Working Day
We have 99.9% of the UK covered With Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. We guarantee delivery to most UK addresses by 1pm the next working day. This includes Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 PM.
For the Next Day Special Delivery service, orders must be received by futureshop.co.uk by 4.30pm weekdays. Orders after the 4.30pm deadline cannot be guaranteed for same day dispatch.
Please note, Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day may not be possible where non-standard cable lengths are ordered. If this is the case, the item will be shipped via The Royal Mail Special Delivery service as soon as the cable is custom made.
For orders weighing over 2KG, we reserve the right to ship items using Next Day Pre-Noon Courier Services where Royal Mail Special Delivery option has been selected.
3. Channel Islands & Northern Ireland
We accept orders from all Channel Islands including Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark. Unless you select a premium service, Items weighing under 2KG are delivered using our standard UK delivery option above. For items weighing over 2KG, a surcharge may be applied for all deliveries to the Channel Islands as well as Northern Ireland.
Deliveries to EU member states are subject to 20% VAT. We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 10 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 3 to 7 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Economy - Item are usually delivered within 48 to 72 hours
Worldwide - Excluding UK & Europe
Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.
We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 15 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail - Items are usually delivered within 10-15 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
Where the actual weight of the package significantly exceeds the shipping cost charged on orders, we may write to you for an additional shipping charge. For larger orders, items may be shipped in multiple packets.