Prefer email? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Entreq Olympus Tellus Ground Box
Entreq Olympus Tellus Ground Box
With Entreq ground boxes you will get an improvement in dynamic's, a lower noise floor and more natural flow in the sound.
Entreq has four levels of groundboxes and with each level there is two lines. They start out with their entry level which is the Tellus and Minimus. At the other end you have the Olympus range. We think you can find a box that fit your personal demands.
For Entreq a clean and effective ground point is one of the most important factor's in ensuring the best possible sonic platform for any hifi system!
They normally say 220V 50Hz alternative110 V 60Hz. But in their opinion there are a lot more frequence on the power net. These is caused by the way we connect zero and protective ground together in the main central/fuse boxes. Most things these days run on electricity. Current goes in and current goes out of devices and lighting fixtures of every kind. All of these make the current messy. Not least computers with their switched power units, chargers for e.g., mobile telephones, all the halogen and LED lighting, dimmers etc. all cause a great deal of high-frequency noise and stay voltages. This noise always seeks the easiest path to the earth. And since this can be everything from 50-60 Hz to very high-frequency, but weak, currents, it is not always certain that the path of least resistance is via the protective earth. These currents instead can find dishwashers, laundry machines, counter tops with water pipes, your HiFi rack and your stereo set with all the cables and devices as more attractive paths to the earth. Moreover, these stay voltages often generate very large magnetic fields that absolutely have influence on the sound reproduction.
One big problem is that the protective ground many time are overloaded or not constructed for handle this pollutions. It can handle a real "bang" of 110-220Volt and X Watts without any problems, but when it come to this small currents of some Milli V with very high frequence it dont catch them. So instead these will flow arround in the power system searching for a place to ground. And in fact the protective grond can leak back a lot of pollutions to the power net that instead go to fix your HiFi system with all the cables and magnetic fields and load up and rest there in their serch for ground. Entreq ground boxes / Eartha cables are designed to resemble and work like a bit of Mother Earth in concentrated form and offer the simplest and fastest route for this high-frequency noise to reach a earth point. Since such are very high-frequency weak currents, it is not necessary to have a lot of mass; but it is important that the cables are optimized for these high frequency and the groundbox be a purely attractive earth point. The construction and choice of materials in the earth box has a crucial effect on the result. In part, the minerals and metals involved have an effect, but the relationship of proportion and distance between them also affects the result.
When you connect your system to one of their groundboxes you offer this high frequence stay voltages a ground point where they can find peace instead of flowing arround in the system.
Since the connection cables have a huge impact on the result, we recomend you to choose Eartha cables with care. We have a wide range of Eartha cables from our entry cable Eartha Cupper to our top line Atlantis with all kind of connectors.
The Olympus groundboxes are different from Tellus /Silver Tellus in many ways. When they developed the “Supercharger line” Atlantis they found many interesting details. Unfortunately they could not simply implement these ideas directly into the Silver Tellus without fundamentally changing the architecture of the product.
With the Olympus line they were totally free to implement all of their combined knowledge, using no fixed parameters to re-design from the ground up. So in the Olympus Tellus they have seven grounding posts and employ an all new mineral-mix. As well as a reduction of the quantity in some metal particulates. There is also the inclusion of some all new metals, one of which is Magnesium. This together with six all new solid Silver binding posts, instead of their normal solid Copper posts, gave us an even better noice reduction. In the Olympus Tellus they have also employed one special solid Copper binding post that is completely isolated from the other six Silver grounding posts. This can be used for connecting a specific new mains Eatha cable. This can give a direct connection to the protective ground found in your mains sockets. This reduce's the noise floor significantly! It can of course also be used for other purposes.
The Olympus Tellus offers the same overall sonic signature as the Olympus Minimus. Deep and massive low frequencies while still retaining the air and texture in the wider spectrum. The separate outlet, allowing direct connection to a wall socket, (the protective ground) will give you a whole new experience. Connection to the protective ground gives an even darker background and will let you explore more subtle nuance and details within the music.
Like their other ground boxes it is made of Oak but with the Olympus you can also order it in a dark Oak finish.
"With the Olympus line we were totally free to implement all of our combined knowledge, using no fixed parameters to re-design from the ground up. So in the Olympus Tellus we have seven grounding posts and employ an all new mineral-mix as well as a reduction of the quantity in some metal particulates." (Read more)
Hi-Fi Plus - June 2016
- Weight: 46Kg
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 40cm x 20cm x 50cm
- Lifetime Warranty
Entreq was founded 1999 and are today, a truly Swedish company, they are one of the very few companies that develop, manufacture and produce our own products. Because of this approach you will never see them immitate other brands or their technical solutions. Consequently their products are not only distinctive in their constructive materials & design but also in their connective processes. This control over each and every aspect, in conjunction with their unique philosophy and design brief, means they are able to focus purely, with no compromise, on performance.
- Weight: 46Kg
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 40cm x 20cm x 50cm
- Lifetime Warranty
1. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Services as a Standard Postage Option
Orders received before 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are usually dispatched the same day by FIRST CLASS post (unless premium postal or timed courier services are selected), subject to stock availability. Over 98% of our orders are usually delivered the next working day including Saturdays.
Standard delivery is usually within 2-3 working days, although 98% of all orders are delivered the next working day including Saturdays . In extreme cases, such as delivery to the Highlands and Islands, this may take 3 days.
All items are fully insured and come with an invoice from Futureshop.co.uk. We use the Royal Mail for delivery of small packages and DPD or Interlink Express for items that weigh over 2KG. Items over 2KG are fully insured and will usually be delivered within 48 hours of placing your order Monday to Friday subject to stock availability. For International orders, we use FedEx Services where customers have selected this option.
Please note, special orders for non-standard cable lengths or custom-made cables may be subject to longer delivery time-scales. This may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
We offer 'Free UK delivery on orders over £99' subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Applies only to orders with £99 or more of items (including VAT at the UK rate), at FutureShop.co.uk
- Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK (excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by UK Mail).
- Applies only to deliveries to addresses within mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. Applies only to orders that are to be delivered to a single Mainland UK delivery address.
- You will not be eligible for free delivery on your order if any items are cancelled or returned for a refund, bringing the total order amount below £99. Where items are returned, the refund due will be the cost of the item less any postage costs.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue 'Free delivery on orders over £99 promotion at any time.
- FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £99 OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO TRADE CUSTOMERS.
Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD or Interlink Express next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK.
Free Delivery for orders over £99 excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by DPD or Interlink Express.
2. Special Delivery UK - Guaranteed Next Working Day
We have 99.9% of the UK covered With Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. We guarantee delivery to most UK addresses by 1pm the next working day. This includes Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 PM.
For the Next Day Special Delivery service, orders must be received by futureshop.co.uk by 4.30pm weekdays. Orders after the 4.30pm deadline cannot be guaranteed for same day dispatch.
Please note, Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day may not be possible where non-standard cable lengths are ordered. If this is the case, the item will be shipped via The Royal Mail Special Delivery service as soon as the cable is custom made.
For orders weighing over 2KG, we reserve the right to ship items using Next Day Pre-Noon Courier Services where Royal Mail Special Delivery option has been selected.
3. Channel Islands & Northern Ireland
We accept orders from all Channel Islands including Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark. Unless you select a premium service, Items weighing under 2KG are delivered using our standard UK delivery option above. For items weighing over 2KG, a surcharge may be applied for all deliveries to the Channel Islands as well as Northern Ireland.
Deliveries to EU member states are subject to 20% VAT. We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 10 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 3 to 7 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Economy - Item are usually delivered within 48 to 72 hours
Worldwide - Excluding UK & Europe
Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.
We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 15 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail - Items are usually delivered within 10-15 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
Where the actual weight of the package significantly exceeds the shipping cost charged on orders, we may write to you for an additional shipping charge. For larger orders, items may be shipped in multiple packets.