Prefer email? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Van Den Hul The Revolution Hybrid Speaker Cable - 2.5m Pair
Van Den Hul The Revolution Hybrid Speaker Cable - 2.5m Pair
During the great success of The REVELATION HYBRID, there was the question if it was possible to produce a lower-priced version. This was the moment The REVOLUTION HYBRID was born: a single-lead loudspeaker cable with the same sonic properties but smaller in size.
The general construction is the same as with The REVELATION HYBRID: First an inner group with 308 x 0.14 mm. very high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC strands with a dense coating of very pure silver. The inner group exhibits a total metal cross-section area of 4.74 mm. Covering this core is a Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated layer which bridges minor defects and captures and transforms the radiated magnetic field of the inner conductor to an audio signal again.
The helically wound outer conductor structure employs the same silver-coated MC OFC metal quality as found in the core and consists of 16 separate conductors, each with 19 strands of 0.11 mm. This produces a metal cross-section area of 2.89 mm. These 16 outer conductors are individually insulated and are standardly wired in parallel with the centre conductor, giving a single lead cable.
There being individually insulated however also allows them to be wired together as a separate signal return. (Versions wired as such and fit with matching connectors are available either as twin-lead speaker cable or as single-ended interconnect on special customer demand). The total metal cross-section area of The REVOLUTION HYBRID is 7.63 mm giving the cable its very low resistance of 0.226 Ohm/100 m.
The outer jacket is made of red HULLIFLEX ® 3, a mechanically superb insulation material. The REVOLUTION HYBRID can also be used as a fantastic single-ended interconnect in combination with our C - 8.4 RCA type connector. Sonic report: The REVOLUTION HYBRID renders a very spacious and detailed structure without any specific accent on high frequencies.
- Cable Type: Single lead, multistrand
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: Both centre conductor and outer groups: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose / Application Area(s): Highest quality loudspeaker cable / Exotic DIY interconnect
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: Core: 4.74 mm; Outer groups combined: 2.89 mm; Total: 7.63 mm / Total: AWG 8.4 / Core: 308; Outer 16 groups each: 19
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 8.0 mm
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: Core: 0.364 Ohm/100m.; Outer groups combined: 0.597 Ohm/100 m; Both parallel: 0.226 Ohm/100m
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 3 / 300 Vrms min
- Connector Types Suitable: Our 6.5 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors; Custom mountable on any length ordered; For a DIY interconnect our C - 8.4 RCA type connector is applicable
- Jacket Colours Available: Red
We are pleased to offer a free cable burn-in service for this cable when purchased through us. The Nordost VIDAR cable burn-in machine combines three different functions all in one operation:
- It neutralises charges that build up around the cables and the insulation
- It provides very wideband and deep conditioning into the conductor core, which produces changes in the way signals pass through the metal.
- It ultrasonically conditions the surface of the conductors.
The VIDAR uses a proprietary combination of composite and complex signals to condition the cables. Parts of the signal oscillate at ultra-low frequencies, while other parts are in ultra-high ranges which extend beyond the range of video frequencies. The signal bounces in a ping-ping ball-like fashion from one end of the cable to the other. During the burn-in process, ultra-low frequencies penetrate deep into the core of the cable.
The ultra-high frequencies zip along the surface. This method of signal transmission a setup beat harmonics, or heterodynes, between the two complex waveforms. In the digital domain, this would be referred to as aliasing products. These beat frequencies penetrate all layers of the cable. The design of the circuitry also has a unique feature which drives electrons above the conductor into the dielectric (or insulation) area. The VIDAR not only sends ping pong signals along the cable, but it also sends a similar signal from the centre core to the outer shield in the case of interconnect cables. This function neutralises the electrical charges discussed above.
So what does that all mean to me?
The end result of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR has improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.
How to order
Simply select the length of cable, the type of plug and the termination required (one end or both ends) from the drop-down menus above and click on the 'Buy' button to add the item to your basket. Your cable will be dispatched within 24 hours subject to Future Shop Terms & Conditions. If you wish to terminate the cable yourself you can consider our range of banana plugs or spades by clicking on the link.
We can terminate your cable with 24 Carat gold plated AIRLOC termination plugs. AIRLOC is a specialised loudspeaker termination method and offers the very best termination with VDH speaker cables. This is a solder-free, airtight fusion between the cable and plug and offers optimum signal transfer, excellent signal quality and perfect long-term performance.
1. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Services as a Standard Postage Option
Orders received before 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are usually dispatched the same day by FIRST CLASS post (unless premium postal or timed courier services are selected), subject to stock availability. Over 98% of our orders are usually delivered the next working day including Saturdays.
Standard delivery is usually within 2-3 working days, although 98% of all orders are delivered the next working day including Saturdays . In extreme cases, such as delivery to the Highlands and Islands, this may take 3 days.
All items are fully insured and come with an invoice from Futureshop.co.uk. We use the Royal Mail for delivery of small packages and DPD or Interlink Express for items that weigh over 2KG. Items over 2KG are fully insured and will usually be delivered within 48 hours of placing your order Monday to Friday subject to stock availability. For International orders, we use FedEx Services where customers have selected this option.
Please note, special orders for non-standard cable lengths or custom-made cables may be subject to longer delivery time-scales. This may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
We offer 'Free UK delivery on orders over £99' subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Applies only to orders with £99 or more of items (including VAT at the UK rate), at FutureShop.co.uk
- Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK (excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by UK Mail).
- Applies only to deliveries to addresses within mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. Applies only to orders that are to be delivered to a single Mainland UK delivery address.
- You will not be eligible for free delivery on your order if any items are cancelled or returned for a refund, bringing the total order amount below £99. Where items are returned, the refund due will be the cost of the item less any postage costs.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue 'Free delivery on orders over £99 promotion at any time.
- FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £99 OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO TRADE CUSTOMERS.
Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD or Interlink Express next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK.
Free Delivery for orders over £99 excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by DPD or Interlink Express.
2. Special Delivery UK - Guaranteed Next Working Day
We have 99.9% of the UK covered With Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. We guarantee delivery to most UK addresses by 1pm the next working day. This includes Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 PM.
For the Next Day Special Delivery service, orders must be received by futureshop.co.uk by 4.30pm weekdays. Orders after the 4.30pm deadline cannot be guaranteed for same day dispatch.
Please note, Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day may not be possible where non-standard cable lengths are ordered. If this is the case, the item will be shipped via The Royal Mail Special Delivery service as soon as the cable is custom made.
For orders weighing over 2KG, we reserve the right to ship items using Next Day Pre-Noon Courier Services where Royal Mail Special Delivery option has been selected.
3. Channel Islands & Northern Ireland
We accept orders from all Channel Islands including Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark. Unless you select a premium service, Items weighing under 2KG are delivered using our standard UK delivery option above. For items weighing over 2KG, a surcharge may be applied for all deliveries to the Channel Islands as well as Northern Ireland.
Deliveries to EU member states are subject to 20% VAT. We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 10 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 3 to 7 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Economy - Item are usually delivered within 48 to 72 hours
Worldwide - Excluding UK & Europe
Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.
We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 15 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail - Items are usually delivered within 10-15 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
Where the actual weight of the package significantly exceeds the shipping cost charged on orders, we may write to you for an additional shipping charge. For larger orders, items may be shipped in multiple packets.