It's likely that we will need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes, but you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
When you are using Future Shop's website, Future Shop Ltd. is the data controller.
Section 1: Lawful basis for processing
The law on data protection sets out several reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we will always make it clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
1-B: Contractual Obligations
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase and pass them to our courier. Details of your billing address are also required under contractual obligations to fulfil the payment contract between both parties.
1-C: Legal Compliance
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
1-D: Legitimate Interest
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services.
Section 2: When We Collect Data
On Futureshop.co.uk, we collect data in the following ways:
- When you visit and of Future Shop's websites and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you create an account on Futureshop.co.uk.
- When you engage with Future Shop on social media.
- When you contact Future Shop by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions run by Future Shop.
- When you comment on or review Future Shop's products or services.
- When you fill in any forms requesting personal data on Futureshop.co.uk.
- When you have given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
Section 3: What Data We Collect
On Futureshop.co.uk, we collect the following data:
- If you have an account with Future Shop: your name, billing/delivery address, tokenised credit/debit card details (if given consent), orders, email address and telephone number. For your security, we will also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- We collect notes from Future Shop's conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases made, items views or added to your basket, items added to your wish list, how and when you contact us.
- Information gathered using cookies in your web browser.
- Payment Card Information.
- Anonymised product reviews.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
Section 4: How We Use Your Data & Why
Future Shop will use the data you provide us with for the following:
- To process any orders that you make by using Future Shop's websites. If we do not collect your personal data during checkout, we will not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product(s) or service(s) that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractually obligations such as refunds, guarantees, warranties etc.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send Future Shop enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with Future Shop and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We will also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. Future shop does this as part of our legitimate interest.
For example, by checking your password when you login and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you.
For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products Future Shop provide to you. Future Shop will do this on th