Prefer email? Contact us via email@example.com
Quantum Science Audio Orange High-Level Fast-Blow Fuse
Future Shop are very excited to introduce Quantum Science Audio, the undisputed heavyweights in the audiophile fuse space. With more than 22 years of research into what they call 'Bottle Neck Distortion', QSA products can enhance your enjoyment of your system in a way that is remarkable for such a small component, until recently considered irrelevant by many in the industry. The Orange fuse makes another considerable leap from the Violet. Approaching the high-end range, it delivers remarkable performance even at its price.
Quantum Science Audio Orange High-Level Fast-Blow Fuse
Please note: we cannot guarantee that all fuse ratings will be in stock, so longer lead times may apply.
Future Shop are very excited to introduce Quantum Science Audio, the undisputed heavyweights in the audiophile fuse space. With more than 22 years of research into what they call 'Bottle Neck Distortion', QSA products can enhance your enjoyment of your system in a way that is remarkable for such a small component, until recently considered irrelevant by many in the industry. Since all current that enters a power cable or component in your system must pass through the fuse before it proceeds, the quality- or lack thereof- of the fuse can make a drastic difference to your system's performance. QSA fuses aim to reduce the negative effects of what QSA describe as 'bottlenecking', which can help your system perform to its full potential.
Much of this may sound outrageous, but only to those who have not had the chance to hear it for themselves. Having conducted our own listening tests, and based on external feedback, we are convinced that these fuses- all the way through the range- offer an upgrade to a system that can match components many times the price.
The Orange fuse makes another considerable leap from the Violet. Approaching the high-end range, it delivers remarkable performance even at its price.
"I can tell you this: many high-end audio tweaks I've heard sound great, but none have matched the QSA's remarkable performance. I repeat, none." (Read More...)
Product Review - Clement Perry, Stereotimes - Most Wanted Components 2020, 2021 & Publisher's Choice 2021
Please note: fuses are directional, so please ensure you install your fuse accordingly. If you are not sure on the correct direction, simply try it both ways- you will be able to hear the difference.
About Quantum Science Audio
Quantum Science Audio is the result of over 22 years of research and development, primarily focused on dealing with "bottle neck distortion". Their revolutionary technology has allowed them to quickly become the industry leaders in this space
1. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Services as a Standard Postage Option
Orders received before 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are usually dispatched the same day by FIRST CLASS post (unless premium postal or timed courier services are selected), subject to stock availability. Over 98% of our orders are usually delivered the next working day including Saturdays.
Standard delivery is usually within 2-3 working days, although 98% of all orders are delivered the next working day including Saturdays . In extreme cases, such as delivery to the Highlands and Islands, this may take 3 days.
All items are fully insured and come with an invoice from Futureshop.co.uk. We use the Royal Mail for delivery of small packages and DPD or Interlink Express for items that weigh over 2KG. Items over 2KG are fully insured and will usually be delivered within 48 hours of placing your order Monday to Friday subject to stock availability. For International orders, we use FedEx Services where customers have selected this option.
Please note, special orders for non-standard cable lengths or custom-made cables may be subject to longer delivery time-scales. This may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
We offer 'Free UK delivery on orders over £99' subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Applies only to orders with £99 or more of items (including VAT at the UK rate), at FutureShop.co.uk
- Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK (excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by UK Mail).
- Applies only to deliveries to addresses within mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. Applies only to orders that are to be delivered to a single Mainland UK delivery address.
- You will not be eligible for free delivery on your order if any items are cancelled or returned for a refund, bringing the total order amount below £99. Where items are returned, the refund due will be the cost of the item less any postage costs.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue 'Free delivery on orders over £99 promotion at any time.
- FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £99 OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO TRADE CUSTOMERS.
Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD or Interlink Express next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK.
Free Delivery for orders over £99 excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by DPD or Interlink Express.
2. Special Delivery UK - Guaranteed Next Working Day
We have 99.9% of the UK covered With Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. We guarantee delivery to most UK addresses by 1pm the next working day. This includes Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 PM.
For the Next Day Special Delivery service, orders must be received by futureshop.co.uk by 4.30pm weekdays. Orders after the 4.30pm deadline cannot be guaranteed for same day dispatch.
Please note, Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day may not be possible where non-standard cable lengths are ordered. If this is the case, the item will be shipped via The Royal Mail Special Delivery service as soon as the cable is custom made.
For orders weighing over 2KG, we reserve the right to ship items using Next Day Pre-Noon Courier Services where Royal Mail Special Delivery option has been selected.
3. Channel Islands & Northern Ireland
We accept orders from all Channel Islands including Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark. Unless you select a premium service, Items weighing under 2KG are delivered using our standard UK delivery option above. For items weighing over 2KG, a surcharge may be applied for all deliveries to the Channel Islands as well as Northern Ireland.
Deliveries to EU member states are subject to 20% VAT. We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 10 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 3 to 7 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Economy - Item are usually delivered within 48 to 72 hours
Worldwide - Excluding UK & Europe
Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.
We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 15 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail - Items are usually delivered within 10-15 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
Where the actual weight of the package significantly exceeds the shipping cost charged on orders, we may write to you for an additional shipping charge. For larger orders, items may be shipped in multiple packets.
Free Cable Burn-In Service Option
We are pleased to offer FREE cable burn-in worth £50.00 on this cable for up to 96 hours, using our specialist cable burner.
The cable burn-in machine optimises the performance of the cables from day one. This means cables should be near optimum performance mode when you receive them, so you'll be able to make a performance assessment quickly rather than waiting 70 hours+ of usage. The results of conditioning cables are:
- improved sound staging
- increased detail
- overall more musical presentation.
Please select the 96 hour ‘burn-in option’ from the drop-down menu on the product page as this will fully optimise the cables.
Although it is not yet fully understood scientifically, the phenomenon of “cable break-in” has been experienced by many audiophiles. Interconnects, speaker cables and power cables seem to go through a conditioning period when used in an audio/video system and will sound better after many hours of in-system use.
The sonic differences between wiring that is broken-in and wiring that is not, are very audible in high-quality audio systems. The break-in process is believed to be due primarily to current flowing through the conductors of wiring components.
Dielectric stress caused by a voltage difference between the conductors is also believed to be of some benefit. The fact that it takes many hours of in-system use for wiring components to break in is primarily due to the low-level nature of audio/video signals from normal program material.
The cable conditioning machine was designed to produce signal levels far in excess of those seen in normal audio/video system use. Internally, the device contains a sweeping square wave oscillator that drives a very high-efficiency “H” bridge MOSFET switching circuit.
The signal levels produced by the cable conditioning machine are many times greater than that obtained under the most ideal of audio system conditions. The “stress” on the dielectric of the cable is also much higher than in normal use due to the higher output voltage. It should be readily apparent why results with the cable conditioning machine are often quite audible after as little as 24 hours of use.