Prefer email? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Shunyata Research DF-SS Cable Elevator
Shunyata Research DF-SS Cable Elevator
The DF-SS cable elevators by Shunyata Research incorporate a special material to neutralise static-fields and two forms of vibration isolation to protect cables from a hum that can be caused by laying them on the floor. The first form is the 'suspension bridge' that is made from a polymer band, and the second is a granular compound that fills the base- both of these materials dissipate vibrations to prevent subtle signal distortions.
What Shunyata Research say
The Shunyata Research DF-SS (Dark Field Suspension System) takes Caelin Gabriel’s original, patented, Dark Field Elevator technology to an entirely new performance level by adding two important design innovations. In addition to the static-field neutralization material used in the original DFE, the DF-SS incorporates two forms of vibration isolation that reduces vibration transfer from the floor to the cable.
3 units per box.
The DF-SS incorporates an energy absorbing suspension bridge that supports a wide variety of cables. The polymer band has the unique ability to dissipate vibrational energy, preventing it from being coupled between the floor and the cable.
The second innovation comes from the granular compound that fills the base of the DF-SS. This compound dissipates vibrational energy that would otherwise couple to the cable, that may cause a subtle form of signal distortion. These combined technologies make the DF-SS the most technically advanced cable suspension system on the market.
The DF-SS’s effectiveness has been demonstrated with accelerometer tests that clearly show its ability to reduce floor borne vibration which is common to all listening environments.
When applied as a system, the DF-SS renders a significant reduction in perceived noise and time smear, yielding improved focus, clarity, depth and spatial information.
- Static-Neutralizing Polymer
- Vibration Absorbing Compound (internally)
- Polymer Cable Suspension Bridge
- Vibration Absorbing Feet for hard surfaces
- Wide Foundation (won’t tip or fall)
- Unequaled Shunyata Build Quality
- Please Note: We are unable to ship this item for International orders where a local Shunyata Research distributor is available
Can be used to support interconnects, speaker cables and power cables.
"Holding 10 patents in power noise reduction, component to component interference reduction, and reduction of dielectric absorption, Shunyata Research’s unorthodox approaches clearly work."
hi-fi+ Innovation Awards 2021
About Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research is the brainchild of Caelin Gabriel, who's efforts to improve his own music listening experience launched the science and research based company in 1997. From humble beginnings, Shunyata Research has grown into an internationally acclaimed company which designs and manufactures high performance electrical and cabling systems for recording, film, medical, surgical and consumer audio-visual systems world-wide. Shunyata Research's 18,000 square foot manufacturing and design facility is based just outside Seattle, in Washington State.
Gabriel holds more than 10 patents, with numerous additional patents-pending. These technical innovations have earned Shunyata Research product designs countless critical awards and endorsements from renowned recording studios, mastering engineers, heart surgeons and hospitals from all over the world. Caelin is a dedicated student of philosophy, transcendental meditation and the history of divergent thinkers. This unusual combination of intellectual discipline and unfettered curiosity offers the advantage of unorthodox insight and singular expertise. Shunyata Research is forged from this combination of Gabriel's training.
1. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Services as a Standard Postage Option
Orders received before 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are usually dispatched the same day by FIRST CLASS post (unless premium postal or timed courier services are selected), subject to stock availability. Over 98% of our orders are usually delivered the next working day including Saturdays.
Standard delivery is usually within 2-3 working days, although 98% of all orders are delivered the next working day including Saturdays . In extreme cases, such as delivery to the Highlands and Islands, this may take 3 days.
All items are fully insured and come with an invoice from Futureshop.co.uk. We use the Royal Mail for delivery of small packages and DPD or Interlink Express for items that weigh over 2KG. Items over 2KG are fully insured and will usually be delivered within 48 hours of placing your order Monday to Friday subject to stock availability. For International orders, we use FedEx Services where customers have selected this option.
Please note, special orders for non-standard cable lengths or custom-made cables may be subject to longer delivery time-scales. This may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
We offer 'Free UK delivery on orders over £99' subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Applies only to orders with £99 or more of items (including VAT at the UK rate), at FutureShop.co.uk
- Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK (excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by UK Mail).
- Applies only to deliveries to addresses within mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. Applies only to orders that are to be delivered to a single Mainland UK delivery address.
- You will not be eligible for free delivery on your order if any items are cancelled or returned for a refund, bringing the total order amount below £99. Where items are returned, the refund due will be the cost of the item less any postage costs.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue 'Free delivery on orders over £99 promotion at any time.
- FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £99 OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO TRADE CUSTOMERS.
Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD or Interlink Express next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK.
Free Delivery for orders over £99 excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by DPD or Interlink Express.
2. Special Delivery UK - Guaranteed Next Working Day
We have 99.9% of the UK covered With Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. We guarantee delivery to most UK addresses by 1pm the next working day. This includes Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 PM.
For the Next Day Special Delivery service, orders must be received by futureshop.co.uk by 4.30pm weekdays. Orders after the 4.30pm deadline cannot be guaranteed for same day dispatch.
Please note, Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day may not be possible where non-standard cable lengths are ordered. If this is the case, the item will be shipped via The Royal Mail Special Delivery service as soon as the cable is custom made.
For orders weighing over 2KG, we reserve the right to ship items using Next Day Pre-Noon Courier Services where Royal Mail Special Delivery option has been selected.
3. Channel Islands & Northern Ireland
We accept orders from all Channel Islands including Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark. Unless you select a premium service, Items weighing under 2KG are delivered using our standard UK delivery option above. For items weighing over 2KG, a surcharge may be applied for all deliveries to the Channel Islands as well as Northern Ireland.
Deliveries to EU member states are subject to 20% VAT. We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 10 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 3 to 7 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Economy - Item are usually delivered within 48 to 72 hours
Worldwide - Excluding UK & Europe
Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.
We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 15 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail - Items are usually delivered within 10-15 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
Where the actual weight of the package significantly exceeds the shipping cost charged on orders, we may write to you for an additional shipping charge. For larger orders, items may be shipped in multiple packets.