Prefer email? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Quantum Science Audio Violet Mid-Level Slow-Blow Fuse
Future Shop are very excited to introduce Quantum Science Audio, the undisputed heavyweights in the audiophile fuse space. With more than 22 years of research into what they call 'Bottle Neck Distortion', QSA products can enhance your enjoyment of your system in a way that is remarkable for such a small component, until recently considered irrelevant by many in the industry. The Violet fuse is the largest step up in the QSA range so far. Moving out of their entry-level fuses, when it was released this quickly became recognised as the most remarkable audiophile fuse in production.
Quantum Science Audio Violet Mid-Level Slow-Blow Fuse
Please note: we cannot guarantee that all fuse ratings will be in stock, so longer lead times may apply.
Future Shop are very excited to introduce Quantum Science Audio, the undisputed heavyweights in the audiophile fuse space. With more than 22 years of research into what they call 'Bottle Neck Distortion', QSA products can enhance your enjoyment of your system in a way that is remarkable for such a small component, until recently considered irrelevant by many in the industry. Since all current that enters a power cable or component in your system must pass through the fuse before it proceeds, the quality- or lack thereof- of the fuse can make a drastic difference to your system's performance. QSA fuses aim to reduce the negative effects of what QSA describe as 'bottlenecking', which can help your system perform to its full potential.
Much of this may sound outrageous, but only to those who have not had the chance to hear it for themselves. Having conducted our own listening tests, and based on external feedback, we are convinced that these fuses- all the way through the range- offer an upgrade to a system that can match components many times the price.
The Violet fuse is the largest step up in the QSA range so far. Moving out of their entry-level fuses, when it was released this quickly became recognised as the most remarkable audiophile fuse in production.
"I can tell you this: many high-end audio tweaks I've heard sound great, but none have matched the QSA's remarkable performance. I repeat, none." (Read More...)
Product Review - Clement Perry, Stereotimes - Most Wanted Components 2020, 2021 & Publisher's Choice 2021
Please note: fuses are directional, so please ensure you install your fuse accordingly. If you are not sure on the correct direction, simply try it both ways- you will be able to hear the difference.
About Quantum Science Audio
Quantum Science Audio is the result of over 22 years of research and development, primarily focused on dealing with "bottle neck distortion". Their revolutionary technology has allowed them to quickly become the industry leaders in this space
1. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Services as a Standard Postage Option
Orders received before 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are usually dispatched the same day by FIRST CLASS post (unless premium postal or timed courier services are selected), subject to stock availability. Over 98% of our orders are usually delivered the next working day including Saturdays.
Standard delivery is usually within 2-3 working days, although 98% of all orders are delivered the next working day including Saturdays . In extreme cases, such as delivery to the Highlands and Islands, this may take 3 days.
All items are fully insured and come with an invoice from Futureshop.co.uk. We use the Royal Mail for delivery of small packages and DPD or Interlink Express for items that weigh over 2KG. Items over 2KG are fully insured and will usually be delivered within 48 hours of placing your order Monday to Friday subject to stock availability. For International orders, we use FedEx Services where customers have selected this option.
Please note, special orders for non-standard cable lengths or custom-made cables may be subject to longer delivery time-scales. This may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
We offer 'Free UK delivery on orders over £99' subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Applies only to orders with £99 or more of items (including VAT at the UK rate), at FutureShop.co.uk
- Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK (excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by UK Mail).
- Applies only to deliveries to addresses within mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. Applies only to orders that are to be delivered to a single Mainland UK delivery address.
- You will not be eligible for free delivery on your order if any items are cancelled or returned for a refund, bringing the total order amount below £99. Where items are returned, the refund due will be the cost of the item less any postage costs.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue 'Free delivery on orders over £99 promotion at any time.
- FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £99 OFFER DOES NOT APPLY TO TRADE CUSTOMERS.
Free Delivery on orders over £99 utilises Royal Mail First Class postal service for items weighing under 2KG. For items weighing over 2KG, we use DPD or Interlink Express next working day services which deliver from 9.00am to 6pm within mainland UK.
Free Delivery for orders over £99 excludes Royal Mail Special Delivery Services and timed next day delivery services by DPD or Interlink Express.
2. Special Delivery UK - Guaranteed Next Working Day
We have 99.9% of the UK covered With Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. We guarantee delivery to most UK addresses by 1pm the next working day. This includes Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey. Some places take longer to deliver to but we still guarantee delivery within three working days by 5.30 PM.
For the Next Day Special Delivery service, orders must be received by futureshop.co.uk by 4.30pm weekdays. Orders after the 4.30pm deadline cannot be guaranteed for same day dispatch.
Please note, Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day may not be possible where non-standard cable lengths are ordered. If this is the case, the item will be shipped via The Royal Mail Special Delivery service as soon as the cable is custom made.
For orders weighing over 2KG, we reserve the right to ship items using Next Day Pre-Noon Courier Services where Royal Mail Special Delivery option has been selected.
3. Channel Islands & Northern Ireland
We accept orders from all Channel Islands including Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark. Unless you select a premium service, Items weighing under 2KG are delivered using our standard UK delivery option above. For items weighing over 2KG, a surcharge may be applied for all deliveries to the Channel Islands as well as Northern Ireland.
Deliveries to EU member states are subject to 20% VAT. We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 10 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 3 to 7 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 24 to 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm for next day service to most destinations in Europe
- Federal Express International Economy - Item are usually delivered within 48 to 72 hours
Worldwide - Excluding UK & Europe
Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.
We offer the following shipping services:
- Royal Mail First Class International Untracked Airmail Services - Items are usually delivered within 15 working days.
- Royal Mail First Class International Tracked Airmail - Items are usually delivered within 10-15 working days.
- DHL Express International - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. DHL orders must be received by 3:30pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Federal Express International Priority - Items are usually delivered within 48 hours. FedEx orders must be received by 3.00pm in order to ship items the same day, subject to stock availability.
Where the actual weight of the package significantly exceeds the shipping cost charged on orders, we may write to you for an additional shipping charge. For larger orders, items may be shipped in multiple packets.
Free Cable Burn-In Service Option Using The Nordost Vidar Machine
Please Note: We are unable to burn-in cables with stripped bare ends or BFA plugs. Cables are burnt-in for the selected time period AFTER your order has been processed. Custom-length cables are burnt-in for the selected time period AFTER they have be terminated by the manufacturer or our engineers.
Our cable burn-in service is a non-chargeable service and is provided by Future Shop at its discretion. We will attempt to fulfil all burn-in requests for the specified time periods. However, during extremely busy periods, we regret we may not be able to meet demand for all requests due to the limited connections available on the Nordost Vidar cable conditioning machines.
We are pleased to offer a free cable burn-in service for this cable when purchased through Future Shop. The Nordost VIDAR cable burn-in machine combines three distinct functions all in one operation:
- It neutralises charges that build up around the cables and the insulation
- It provides a very wide band and deep conditioning into the conductor core, which produces changes in the way signals pass through the metal.
- It ultrasonically conditions the surface of the conductors.
The VIDAR uses a proprietary combination of composite and complex signals to condition the cables. Parts of the signal oscillate at ultra-low frequencies, while other parts are in ultra-high ranges which extend beyond the range of video frequencies. The signal bounces in a ping-ping ball-like fashion from one end of the cable to the other. During the burn-in process, ultra-low frequencies penetrate deep into the core of the cable. The ultra-high frequencies zip along the surface. This method of signal transmission is set up to beat harmonics, or heterodynes, between the two complex waveforms. In the digital domain, this would be referred to as aliasing products. These beat frequencies penetrate all layers of the cable.
The design of the circuitry also has a unique feature which drives electrons above the conductor into the dielectric (or insulation) area. The VIDAR not only sends ping pong signals along the cable, it also sends a similar signal from the centre core to the outer shield in the case of interconnect cables. This function neutralises the electrical charges discussed above.
So, what does that all mean to me?
The end result of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR is improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.